Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #1
TT Newbie

Apex on-slide sink drain line problem

Hi, folks. Searched for any threads related to this issue but didn't find, so hopefully I'm not repeating.

Just upgraded our 236BHS Freedom Express to a 2021 Coachmen Apex UL 288BHS. Sink and stove are on the slide, which is new for us. First trip out (about 3 weeks ago now), had an issue that kitchen sink wouldn't drain properly. Long story short, found out it was a kinked drain line.

Basically, there is a "flexible" grey pipe that moves in and out with the slide. Apparently poorly designed because it flexes the wrong direction and it popped off the kick plate in transit due to the force; the dealership "fixed" this by attaching a spring which was supposed to stop the incorrect flexing (we didn't find out about this until we had the problem at the campground). However, it put a massive kink in the hose. The dealership actually sent a tech out to the campground (about 45 minutes away) to remove the spring and pull the hose so it unkinked - but that means leaving the kick plate off for now and it still kinks itself up each time we move.

The tech suggested that he thinks it can be fixed by shortening the length of the hard pipe to which the flexible pipe attaches, but seemed like more of a guess than anything. At a minimum I think they will need to replace the flexible pipe in addition to anything else they do.

Wondering if others with newer model Apex's (apparently they had to do the same with a 2020 of our same model) have had this issue and has it been able to be repaired?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:50 AM   #2

I don't have any real answers to your specific concerns. However I would replace the flex pipe as it will now easily kink at the same point. At the very least put a zip tie on the kink to help to reinforce the pipe. Ideally putting some sort spring over that pipe might help.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #3

I have the same problem. It’s going back to the dealer next week. I’ll let you know what they say

Tags
drain, sink, slide