Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Atwood Water Heater.

I have an Atwood water heater in a Class A Berkshire. It's the third water heater the first two were Gerard gen 1 and 2. I have had my struggles with water heaters.
My Atwood was fluctuating between hot and cold during a shower getting so hot then when turning it down it would turn off the heater.
I started to run hot water in the bathroom sink and that really made the shower great. I then removed the shower head and tested the temp. I found I could adjust the temp of the water easily. There was enough flow to allow a nice steady temperature.
I then needed a very high flow shower head. I ordered this one and it works perfectly. The problem is it's a bit large and there are two heads. It comes with a 3 way diverter so it can run one or two heads at a time. If anyone has a good idea on a shower head let me know. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1483754913.054252.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	127636

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #2

I have a cc 38el. Dw did not like the shower head that came with it went to hd and bought a nice one one the hose. Had the water flow problem with it. Removed the restrictor in it and it works great. No issues and she is happy.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

I have been using this set up for a couple of weeks and it is perfect except for there is no place to get out of the water. I had removed all the water restrictions from both shower heads so I tried just the hand held shower head. It has ended flow to work. So my Atwood water is working perfectly. I have full adjustment and no cold to hot to cold cycling. An easy fix for anyone having problems.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater