Old 07-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #1

Auto Fill Fresh Water Holding

Hello,
We have a 2020 Rockwood Signature 8335SB and are always hooked up to city water. Never really use the fresh water holding tank. We keep very little just in case we need to flush a toilet. Noticed last night the fresh water tank was full on the panel. Went under the trailer and turned the valve to empty. By morning no more water flowing. Wife started a shower and water started flowing again under the trailer from the fresh water holding tank. So its auto filling. The only way I can see to add water to that tank is by the filler cap on the side. How can I stop the freshwater tank from filling?
Thanks..
eotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eotos View Post
Hello,
We have a 2020 Rockwood Signature 8335SB and are always hooked up to city water. Never really use the fresh water holding tank. We keep very little just in case we need to flush a toilet. Noticed last night the fresh water tank was full on the panel. Went under the trailer and turned the valve to empty. By morning no more water flowing. Wife started a shower and water started flowing again under the trailer from the fresh water holding tank. So its auto filling. The only way I can see to add water to that tank is by the filler cap on the side. How can I stop the freshwater tank from filling?
Thanks..
Check valve on water pump has failed. Clean or replace it, or

Water Pump Check Valve Reset

Turn off city water
Turn off water pump if on.
Turn on any faucet wait 1 min
Turn on water pump
let water run 1 min
Turn off faucet
Wait for water pump to quit running
Turn water pump off
Turn on city water

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

This is not an uncommon problem do a search.

Basically the water is leaking by the pumps check valve. I can be a easy fix. I am sure someone will be along shortly to help or do a search.

I was slow.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #4

You're water pump has a built-in check valve to keep city water from back flowing to the fresh water tank. There is a strong possibility that this check valve has a small leak and is allowing city water to flow to your fresh water tank. There are many posts on this site about this. Many recommended that while you are hooked to city water to run and stop the pump multiple times to help reseat the check valve. Some have posted that they have added an additional check valve inline after the water pump to prevent the city water from entering the fresh water tank.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #5

Do you have the aqua view shower valve in your unit? That will put water back into your fresh water tank.
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #6

At the risk of sounding like an old grump (which I am), does anyone ever use the search function on this forum? We must get this question twice a week.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #7

Thank you everyone. appreciated. I did not know if there was a specific option with my model that would re-fill the fresh water tank. It was the pump. It has not been used so we ran it for a bit and resolved. Been Rv"ing since 04 and this was a first for me... This wasn't our biggest issue this trip. We bought one of those clips to keep our residential fridge doors closed and forgot to put that dang thing in place. Got to our next stop only half hour away and the whole fridge tipped over and everything came out. No damage done, but what a mess...... so this small issue was a blessing.....
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eotos View Post
Thank you everyone. appreciated. I did not know if there was a specific option with my model that would re-fill the fresh water tank. It was the pump. It has not been used so we ran it for a bit and resolved. Been Rv"ing since 04 and this was a first for me... This wasn't our biggest issue this trip. We bought one of those clips to keep our residential fridge doors closed and forgot to put that dang thing in place. Got to our next stop only half hour away and the whole fridge tipped over and everything came out. No damage done, but what a mess...... so this small issue was a blessing.....

I don't think it is a "option".. The check valve is not doing it's job.. I have the same problem.. Can someone tell me where to find this "check valve".. It is not obvious looking at the pump.. or should I just do what a other poster suggested first ?
Water Pump Check Valve Reset

Turn off city water
Turn off water pump if on.
Turn on any faucet wait 1 min
Turn on water pump
let water run 1 min
Turn off faucet
Wait for water pump to quit running
Turn water pump off
Turn on city water
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #9

The check valve was not my problem. It was the Auqua Vision device that I did not know I had. Whenever the wife took a shower to conserve hot water she would move the lever to stop the water flow not knowing she was actually running the hot water directly into the freshwater tank not only filling it but running out of hot water......
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #10

OK.. thx... I think I will go out and try the water pump procedure ..
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water