Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #21

It is a bad set up either way. I am always set up with a sewer site. I only have to dump black water every seven days. Shower tank only last 2 to 3 days before having to dump. The black tank should be 3/4 full before dumping and with your setup it would have to be dumped before getting 1/2 full. The other option is to let the gray water flow into the black tank on a weekend camping trip.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #22
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
It is a bad set up either way. I am always set up with a sewer site. I only have to dump black water every seven days. Shower tank only last 2 to 3 days before having to dump. The black tank should be 3/4 full before dumping and with your setup it would have to be dumped before getting 1/2 full. The other option is to let the gray water flow into the black tank on a weekend camping trip.
Ya so I have to add water to the black tank each time I dump now when the grey gets full and I have to dump, sucks, thats why I need to get it fixed. I really not sure how it would work if I opened up the grey valve and let the tanks balance, would be afraid stuff would end up in the grey tank I didnt want in there, guess not that it would matter but I would rather keep things simple! Hopefully by the end of next week we will have it right. Just glad these little things have been getting taken care of because we really like the camper!
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #23

I personally would not like the set up you have. Like you I would have it change either by the dealer or I would change the plumbing myself if the dealer and manufacture did not agree to do the job. All the pipes are normal abs drain pipes.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Happy Camper

Ya im not happy with it at all, and would have been something I would have addressed before taking delivery had i noticed it. Guy showed me where the dump was ect and I said yeah I know how to dump no big deal, who would have thought it would be set up this way! Crazy!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #25

Hopefully what stops his grey water from crossing over would be a good seal on the grey water valve. A few months ago I discovered the hard way that both my grey and black water valves were not sealing off. The grey tank level reached a higher point than the black water tank's level so the grey crossed-over to the black tank. When the black tank became absolutely full, would you like to guess where the excess water showed up? Coming out around the bottom of the toilet. Thankfully we noticed it very early and I had to break down the unit and go dump both tanks quickly. I've replaced both valves now and the seal under the toilet. Hopefully we'll watch our water usage so as not to allow either tank to become too full. And NO--those "idiot" lights on the gauge are absolutely useless.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
Happy Camper

Well I dropped off my rig tuesday after work, had to call yesterday as no one called me to let me know what there plan of action was, service manager said valve was ordered, they are gonna plumb both the grey and black together with a Y pipe with a valve for each tank then run it to the outside of the unit. Prolly wont get it back before tuesday, which is the latest when I need it as we leave thursday for kings dominion........I am still rather heated though because they got in a twin to my camper sometime in the last two weeks, has a completely different set up, has a seperate pipe from the grey tank to the outside of the camper, then just in front of it there is a seperate black tank pipe that exits the side of the camper. Makes sense because mine is labeled on the side of the camper with a "body waste" sticker where the black tank is, then a foot or toward the rear of the camper behind that is a "liquid waste" sticker where the grey tank is. I am all but convinced now that it was definatly plumbed wrong and the regional rep is full of it! Just wish I could get an honest awnser out of someone
Old 06-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sounds fishy that they had to "order"
A dump valve.
What dealer doesn't stock dump valves?
I hope they get it fixed in time for ur trip!
Good luck.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sounds fishy that they had to "order"
A dump valve.
What dealer doesn't stock dump valves?
I hope they get it fixed in time for ur trip!
Good luck.

Walmart even stocks replacement units for Pete's sake.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523

Walmart even stocks replacement units for Pete's sake.
I know right!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #30

The small store at our CG stocks dump valves. They should not need a dump valve but some ABS pipes. This should only be a 1 1/2 to a 2 hour job.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #31

Can not believe any dealer would not have a dump valve in stock. Sounds like they are feeding you a line of bull.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
Happy Camper

Was an eventful weekend, found out my rig would not be done before we leave this week for our long weekend trip. I was not happy, dealer is an hour away from home. So, since we went that far we drove a little farther to the outlet shops so my wife could do a little shopping then stopped and got the camper on the way home. Well the wife wouldnt even get out of the truck, said I know whats getting ready to happen, well........ I got my keys, owner asks how I am, said with a few explalitves I would be better if my camper was done and when was the coachmac gonna call me! few minutes later and some text messages later I get a phone call. Basicly they are saying now, they had a model change from the 2012 to the 2013, said they changed the sewer on the 2013 due to so many complaints blah blah blah. Ultimately, reasoning why mine is not gonne be done is that they are gonna drop my underbelly, and match my camper to a 2013 with new fittings and two sewer pipes so I can dump each tank independatly. Said they are pulling the parts from the line and shipping the parts to the dealer. Hope to have the parts to the dealer by end of this week and hopefully I can get the rig down to them and have it fixed in one day. Hoping to have another little issue resolved to but gonna wait and see what happens as not to jynx myself. Wish me luck for next week.......at least I am camping this weekend!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
Happy Camper

Well I got my camper back, ended up outting both pipes together with a Y and two seperate drains. Looks nice, like its supposed to be there unlike the previous set up. At least now I can dump my grey tank without dumping the black tank! Also got a spare tire, thankful for the salesman from coachman! Will test out the new set up starting sat as we are headed south for the week, but thats another post!