Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

Black tank flush connection

How do you connect water supply at dump station to the external black tank flush on outside of camper?

External connection is threaded appears for garden hose and most dump stations seem to have smaller hose with smaller brass nipple that does not connect.

Is there some type of adapter to connect them.
Any advice or help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Charles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #2

Some stations have the quick disconnect type of termination on the hose so you could set up your hose with the same. With that said I don't believe the intent was to provide flushing water but rather water to clean out your hose and area around the dump. I never use the black tank flush at a dump station.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
Site Team

In many cases that is by design. Many dump stations ( especially those on septic systems) try to discourage tank flushing in an effort to reduce the amount of water going into the system. In addition, they want to discourage campers from using the dump station hoses to fill FW tanks for obvious reasons.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
Senior Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles D View Post
How do you connect water supply at dump station to the external black tank flush on outside of camper?

External connection is threaded appears for garden hose and most dump stations seem to have smaller hose with smaller brass nipple that does not connect.

Is there some type of adapter to connect them.
Any advice or help is appreciated.
Thanks.
There's a reason the connection won't match your RV... they do not want you flushing out your tank at the dump station.
There are "work arounds" but many consider it poor manners to hold up the line at the dump station while flushing out your tank.
I just make sure my black tank is absolutely full when I pull out and head for the dump station.
I don't do the flush thing unless I am home or at a full hookup site.

Many will not agree with me.

Happy Camping to all
Old 07-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #5

I only flush my black tank when nobody is waiting. I just take off their hose and put mine on.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
There's a reason the connection won't match your RV... they do not want you flushing out your tank at the dump station.
There are "work arounds" but many consider it poor manners to hold up the line at the dump station while flushing out your tank.
I just make sure my black tank is absolutely full when I pull out and head for the dump station.

Happy Camping to all
X2

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #7

I normally don't have access to full utility campground and don't have home dump station so the regular campground dump station my only regular option. Crazy they don't have regular high pressure water hoses with connections. I'll have to rig some homemade connection. May try the suggestion to disconnect their hose with my designated garden hose.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
I only flush my black tank when nobody is waiting. I just take off their hose and put mine on.
X2 or X3 :-)
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfaulksr View Post
X2 or X3 :-)

I'll try that next time. I don't recall how removable the hoses are.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
X2

So when you do your flush at full service campground are you connecting the fresh drinking water connection to "dirty" garden hose that connects to black water flush exterior connection? Seems like this is how you would have to do it. I believe there are check valves inside black water flush connection so the water enters only, but just doesn't seem right to connect to clean water connection.

So the non-potable high pressure water hoses with the small brass nipple are just there to wash out your sewer hose and spray clean any spillage mess? Not for black tank flushing??

*and I would only flush if no lines
Old 07-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #11

You better have a TALL Ladder to Dis/Con water hoses on most State Park Dump water outlets! Just use a "Dedicated Water Thief" on their hose end,have a "Stainless Hose Clamp to secure under pressure! Youroo!!
Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post

Happy Camping to all
X2
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #13
Kanadian Kamper

Same as what he ^^^^^^^^ said

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You better have a TALL Ladder to Dis/Con water hoses on most State Park Dump water outlets! Just use a "Dedicated Water Thief" on their hose end,have a "Stainless Hose Clamp to secure under pressure! Youroo!!

Youroo- thanks! I think that is the answer I was looking for.... I'll order one of these water thief/bandits on Amazon today and like the suggestion of hose clamp to go with it...

Thanks!!

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22484-W...SIN=B000EDOSKG
Old 07-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles D View Post
Youroo- thanks! I think that is the answer I was looking for.... I'll order one of these water thief/bandits on Amazon today and like the suggestion of hose clamp to go with it...

Thanks!!

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22484-W...SIN=B000EDOSKG
Seriously ? you would do that ? Whoa !
I'll flush, if I'm the only one in line. Those people that sit there for 20 or minutes...flush, fill, flush, fill, flush, fill....check tire pressure, check lug nuts, have a cup of coffee...ok...just kidding on that one.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #16

Agree with most comments regarding flushing at the dump station while others are waiting. That is simply inconsiderate of others. When we have fresh water at our site, but no sewer connection, we usually connect a dedicated hose connection, with check valves to prevent backflow, directly between the fresh water hose and the black tank flush fitting. This enables us to flush for a few minutes to stir things up before heading for the dumps station.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Seriously ? you would do that ? Whoa !

I'll flush, if I'm the only one in line. Those people that sit there for 20 or minutes...flush, fill, flush, fill, flush, fill....check tire pressure, check lug nuts, have a cup of coffee...ok...just kidding on that one.

Glad ur just kidding wolfpaq.. I did state I would only flush if no one in line..
Old 07-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Agree with most comments regarding flushing at the dump station while others are waiting. That is simply inconsiderate of others. When we have fresh water at our site, but no sewer connection, we usually connect a dedicated hose connection, with check valves to prevent backflow, directly between the fresh water hose and the black tank flush fitting. This enables us to flush for a few minutes to stir things up before heading for the dumps station.

Like the check valve idea. Thanks JakieBoy.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #19

Those folks who park at the dump station to fill, flush, fill, flush, etc. are probably the same folks who park their gas-powered SUV at the only diesel pump within 20 miles while they go inside the Mini-Mart for lunch!!!
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #20

My hookup at a full hookup site is a brass 4 way splitter with back flow preventers on each outlet. Provides a hookup for the neighbor if they need one.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank