Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #1

Black Tank Flush Line Leaking

I have a 2017 Georgetown XL 377 TS. Every time I run the black tank flush I am leaking water. I hook up on the drivers side and I get a slow leak coming out of the compartment on the opposite side under the hot water heater (It is fresh water leaking, not black water)The way the hot water heater is mounted I can not locate where the black tank flush line is connected to the black tank. I'm thinking I might have to remove the hot water heater.
Even looking through the small access port on bottom where I bypass the hot water heater I can't see what is above it.
Any help or ideas would greatly be appreciated.
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #2

I would think the actual leak is where the water connection is connected to the anti siphon valve. the area by the water heater may be the only exit. Find the anti siphon valve usually close to the hose connection and check the fittings you may have to remove some panels
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #3

I will look for it. Water heater is on one side and connection is on other. I will pull the panel off that the water connection goes through.
I hadn't thought of the anti siphon valve. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:29 AM   #4

Black Tank flush valve

I had a similar situation here is what I found. There is a water line coming from the BT Flush inlet up through the floor and up the wall about 4 feet in the bathroom closet behind a removable panel in the closet. There behind the panel is the black tank flush valve. My hose that comes from the valve back into the tank was kinked and would not let the water return and was leaking there. Also in my last trailer I had a bad black tank flush valve and it had water gushing out of it all over the inside of the sink cabinet.
hope this helps
Boatbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You are looking for something like this...

As mentioned, usually up high in a sink cabinet or adjacent shower wall.
Often hard to get to. Many reports of them leaking. If leaking, replace with a good brass unit.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrinkard View Post
I have a 2017 Georgetown XL 377 TS. Every time I run the black tank flush I am leaking water. I hook up on the drivers side and I get a slow leak coming out of the compartment on the opposite side under the hot water heater (It is fresh water leaking, not black water)The way the hot water heater is mounted I can not locate where the black tank flush line is connected to the black tank. I'm thinking I might have to remove the hot water heater.
Even looking through the small access port on bottom where I bypass the hot water heater I can't see what is above it.
Any help or ideas would greatly be appreciated.
If your layout for the tanks are like the GT378 you wont have to pull the water heater to see the cleanout connection to the black tank but you will have to break the water heater seals and pull the surround screws to release the mounting panel so it can be opened. There are brackets on the bottom of the panel that also have to be disconnected from the frame. The panel is a door that when released can be opened upward. Once opened the cleanout tubing and tank entrance will be easily accessible. Hope you don't have to do this cause it's a pita. Additionally, the backflow preventer is in the washer/dryer provisional closet.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 AM   #7

Thanks bubbles and Boatbuilder I'll check both items out. Hopefully I'll get to it this afternoon.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
If your layout for the tanks are like the GT378 you wont have to pull the water heater to see the cleanout connection to the black tank but you will have to break the water heater seals and pull the surround screws to release the mounting panel so it can be opened. There are brackets on the bottom of the panel that also have to be disconnected from the frame. The panel is a door that when released can be opened upward. Once opened the cleanout tubing and tank entrance will be easily accessible. Hope you don't have to do this cause it's a pita. Additionally, the backflow preventer is in the washer/dryer provisional closet.
You were spot on bubbles. I finally tore into today and the nozzle had broken flush with the tank. I finally got the old one off, but I couldn't find the exact replacement so I am in the process of installing a Tornado clean out nozzle.
I really liked how once you got the panel raised it just slid out of the way.
Thanks again for all your help. Great info.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrinkard View Post
You were spot on bubbles. I finally tore into today and the nozzle had broken flush with the tank. I finally got the old one off, but I couldn't find the exact replacement so I am in the process of installing a Tornado clean out nozzle.
I really liked how once you got the panel raised it just slid out of the way.
Thanks again for all your help. Great info.
Project Complete.....I think what snapped the old rinse nozzle was the stress that was on from the pex line going to it. It really wasn't the best alignment and getting jarred going down some of these smooth roads didn't help. So I added some flex tubing from the end of the pex line to the rinse nozzle.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #10

Leak filling black water flush from inlet on side of rv

I have a similar problem with a 2430S Sunseeker motor home. When I put water into the black tank flush inlet with a hose I get a lot of clear water draining into the storage compartment under the black water tank. Water still goes into the black tank and flushes it out. This just started on my last trip after working properly since I got the vehicle. Any idea how tto access the line from the fill point and inlet anti-siphion valve to the tank?
16river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #11

The black water flush inlet valve on my Windjammer is leaking somewhere between the inlet and check valve. It is definitely not leaking at the check valve and beyond. Any ideas as to finding the leak? I unscrewed the three screws holding the hose inlet on the outside but it wouldn't budge when I tried removing it.
Magdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdeep View Post
The black water flush inlet valve on my Windjammer is leaking somewhere between the inlet and check valve. It is definitely not leaking at the check valve and beyond. Any ideas as to finding the leak? I unscrewed the three screws holding the hose inlet on the outside but it wouldn't budge when I tried removing it.
You'll need to reference the area INSIDE the rig opposite where the connection is on the outside. Often times this requires removal of panels, drawers, doors, etc. They dont build them with enough slack in the plumping lines to allow you to pull anything out from the outside.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #13

X2 what five picker said
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, leak, tank