Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #1

Black tank flushing issues

I recently purchased a 2015 2604WS Rockwood. I see that the black tank has the power washers built right into the tank so that it makes it easier to flush the tank out. What I did notice is that one if those turbo jets is located directly at the base of my toilet. Meaning anything that is flushed gets stuck there. No matter how many times I clean it out, it never fully gets cleaned and some times (which already has happened twice, it gets clogged real bad if I have guests) backs up. No matter how much chemicals I have thrown in, and I have also allowed the black tank to almost fill up. The clog does not break up. I have had to use a wire clothes hanger to work it apart. Let me tell you........I am not going to be a happy camper if I have to continue to do it that way. I worry if my guests asks to use the bathroom for that reason. Not everyone realizes that these toilets do not work like the ones at home. In my opinion I feel that the turbo jet is in a very very bad spot. I am at a point that I want forest river to replace my tank. I think someone goofed while assembling the black tank prior to installing it in the camper. So with that said, does any one else have this issue. Any feed back is appreciated. My 2014 2304S had the same system, and I never ever had any issues. Thanks to all.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
Explorer

Nope doesn’t sound right and it would bug me too.
I have heard about these systems but have never had one and am not sure how they are installed. If it is in the side of the tank, can a coupling be added moving the system several inches.
Sounds like a warranty issue.
While the orientation of the jet may not be in a good location, by closing that one jet off the other jets are working at a higher pressure, cleaning better.
Ya sorry I don’t know.
Good luck
John
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #3

Looks like these jets are installed thru the plastic tank from the outside in and glued, lots of glue. You can see the think heavy mustardy color glue around the jet and where it leaked from the istallation. The under belly of my camper is totally enclosed, so it makes it difficult to see anything from the upside. Thanks for your ideas, it's well appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that. I am totally new to the whole black tank issue myself as I have never owned a pop up with one before. The new one has a black tank.

I am wondering if you can remove that particular turbo flush and then just patch the hole with some epoxy resin or something. You definitely want that taken out. From what I understand about the systems. They are glorified outhouses. You need a straight shot down the hole. It is not like a house. it is more like a porta-potti or an outhouse.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank