RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #41
Bashful365

Hi, I have had multiple problems with my rear black and grey tanks. I used plenty of water in the black tank but had trouble with the drains. Come to find out my drains do not close all the way so the black tank liquid comes out and the solids get to stay. Ugh. I used a trick I saw here and added three bags of ice to the black tank and took the rv for a drive. Then when i emptied the tank when I got back, it emptied fully. Yay. My RV is under warranty and I am waiting for parts to replace the shutoffs for black and grey tanks. You probably have gotten yours fixed by now but I thought i would send you what worked for me at the time.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #42
Bashful365

this is a great tool to help black tank draining problems.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #43

My salesman told me the ice trick when I bought first trailer. My results were different. It didnít work, made me think I am dumping 20 pounds ( maybe 2.5 gallons) of frozen water into 30 gallons of warm water in the summer it doesnít last long and it floats. Not sure if it has the mass to help break down material. Then I saw saw video link here of guy who test different black tank methods and he found ice was very ineffective.
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful365 View Post
Hi, I have had multiple problems with my rear black and grey tanks. I used plenty of water in the black tank but had trouble with the drains. Come to find out my drains do not close all the way so the black tank liquid comes out and the solids get to stay. Ugh. I used a trick I saw here and added three bags of ice to the black tank and took the rv for a drive. Then when i emptied the tank when I got back, it emptied fully. Yay. My RV is under warranty and I am waiting for parts to replace the shutoffs for black and grey tanks. You probably have gotten yours fixed by now but I thought i would send you what worked for me at the time.
ALWAYS good to post "what worked" posts to help the multitude who may have the problem but not posting about it................adding to the forum knowledge base!!
Old 08-15-2020, 07:51 AM   #45
Bashful365

Good to know. Makes sense. I need to go to my new best friend YOUTUBE to see other fixes for black tank problems. Thanks for the info.

Tags
black, black tank, drain, tank