Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
From your description, I'd agree with the others that say there is something inside the tank...like the cutout and it's blocks when it reaches the hole and when you drive home, it dislodges and you're able to drain the rest.
Or has someone ignorantly or actually"flushed" something they shouldn't have. I once heard of a Teddy Bear "falling in"!
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #22

I almost always run the hose into my toilet and run it till it’s full. All the fresh water seems to really push all the black water out. I then fill it one or two times more till I get a full flush. I always carry a gallon jug so I can time how fast the campground fauset fills the jug. X 40 and you know how long it takes to fill your tank. But remember, if the dump station is busy just run in 15 or 20 gallons and let it agitate on the way home.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #23

Simple, too much poo and poo wipes, not enough water. If like most straight drop into tank, get toilet spray wand to break up the chunks or drain fitting with water hose inlet NEVER ATTACH DRINKING HOSE.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #24

Don't eat the corn.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #25

Make sure you use RV toilet paper that’s designed to disintegrate. Not sure but try this: try having someone stand on the flush lever while you open the dump valve. The added air flow may help if your vent is clogged.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #26

Black water drain

I just purchased a 2018 FR Wildcat 28RKX. It has 1 black water tank w/flush and 2 gray tanks. The front black and gray tanks use a common drain line. The gray tank is a 3" drain under the trailer. The black water drain is a 2" line leading to the 3" main drain. This could cause a big problem if the gray tank is used a lot (only 31gal). Chemical don't have time to break down solids before dumping. I also had to wait about 3 day to dump the black water completely until the chemicals did there job. Don't really understand why the drain was not a 3" or even a 4". Sure the FR engineers could explain it for me. Has any body else seen this on there travel trailer?
CadeCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadeCade View Post
I just purchased a 2018 FR Wildcat 28RKX. It has 1 black water tank w/flush and 2 gray tanks. The front black and gray tanks use a common drain line. The gray tank is a 3" drain under the trailer. The black water drain is a 2" line leading to the 3" main drain. This could cause a big problem if the gray tank is used a lot (only 31gal). Chemical don't have time to break down solids before dumping. I also had to wait about 3 day to dump the black water completely until the chemicals did there job. Don't really understand why the drain was not a 3" or even a 4". Sure the FR engineers could explain it for me. Has any body else seen this on there travel trailer?
Are you absolutely sure you don't have the tanks backwards? Standard black tanks have a 3" outlet, and a 3" line. Grey tanks are usually smaller, and depending on the setup, will T into the Black's line, not the other way around.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #28

We had an awful time with draining ours at first.

We changed to single ply toilet paper.

More water,

One of the bio deodorizing pills, Calgon and Dawn , and we took the 3/4 full black tank for a 6 hour ride full of that stuff. Somehow the motion sort of cleaned it out.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #29

Positive. Insured both tanks were empty. Fill up gray water from bathroom sink. Connected drain hose and opened up 3" line. Nothing. Opened up 2". Tank was full and draining. The 2" is defiantly the black water drain. The 2" comes out directly under the toilet location.
CadeCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Positive. Insured both tanks were empty. Fill up gray water from bathroom sink. Connected drain hose and opened up 3" line. Nothing. Opened up 2". Tank was full and draining. The 2" is defiantly the black water drain. The 2" comes out directly under the toilet location.
What you have just described confirms that the 3” line is for your black tank.

Bruce
Old 09-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #31

Quote:
What nomad said.

Many rvs have the bathroom sink connected to the black water tank.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #32

I cannot imagine that during manufacturing your trailer that they would install the wrong size piping for your blank tank. 3" is industry standard for black tanks. Could that 2" your seeing be the drain pipe for the bathroom sink. They usually drain into the black tank.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

So, from what you said it seems to confirm the 2” is your grey. And that your bathroom sink is properly plumbed to your grey tank.

Try repeating the process with just the toilet (instead of the bathroom sink) and see which one drains. That will tell you for sure which one is the black.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #34
waybeck2018

Thumbs up Black Tank Issues

All of the other comments could be the cause, but, I always travel with a 5 ft length of PEX (cap on end). If there is a clog this PEX will go down to the outlet and either break it up or maybe just tell you if there is a piece of plastic there. I always use Calgon softener and dawn (NOT Ultra) along with my normal black tank dissolver. It works well to keep the sides slick and sensors catch a lot less debris. Good luck.
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #35

The pex is a good idea. Just don't use it as a straw.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank