Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
Kayak man

Black tank not flushing

Hi all,

I’m finally moved in, and had to take car of a few issues (Rig was delivered 400 miles) but nothing to serious.

So, I finally did my first drain on my 2023 Salem Hemisphere. I wanted to test the tank flush, but the water wasn’t moving. From what I’ve read, I see there is a check valve located under the bathroom sink. Has anyone ever heard of these being installed backwards?

I ask because in the last two days (day one) I’ve found the stainless hoses kinked going to the kitchen sink (faucet is now 180 deg out so I can use it until the new one shows up)
(Evening day one )Shower floor felt unsafe… one of the shower floor supports was over a void, and I saw that when I removed the access under the shower to verify no water seeped into that location, due to the massive leak where the glass frame of the shower mates to the wall and base.

So, my first two days have been busy. I fixed the floor and the leak myself, not gonna wait weeks since I am off location. Yes, I am handy and worked on class threes and pushers when I was an ASE tech, but never dealt with the plumbing, other than my own home

Thanks in advance for your input
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E910DC52-C421-4846-BDD0-EE1C50D9CAFE.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	278842   Click image for larger version

Name:	9150C634-B9D7-4DDE-A7F3-5918A50481BD.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	278843  
Kayak man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak man View Post
Has anyone ever heard of these being installed backwards?
Neither is uncommon: either backwards or dead on arrival.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #3
Kayak man

Well…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Neither is uncommon: either backwards or dead on arrival.
That stinks. I was afraid someone was going to say that. I called a facility 20 minutes away and they’re supposed to put me on the list for a mobile tech to fix another item that I have, I guess I will just add this to the list.
Old 09-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
Kayak man

Spoke to the mobile tech, he will be here on 1 October. He said it is not uncommon for that valve to be installed backwards. Seems like some attention to detail issues at the factory. I would hope that they see these posts because I have a feeling they’re not seeing my emails.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak man View Post
Spoke to the mobile tech, he will be here on 1 October. He said it is not uncommon for that valve to be installed backwards. Seems like some attention to detail issues at the factory. I would hope that they see these posts because I have a feeling they’re not seeing my emails.
If you owned a Motorhome, the factory might see your post. But you own a Towable so there's little chance any factory person will see it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, flush, tank