Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2022, 09:15 PM   #1

Black tank overflow

I have a new Riverstone legacy. I was attempting to flush the black tanks. I forgot that there are two separate levers to pull. I only emptied one black tank and then started the flush. It ran about 15 minutes I think when I heard water when I was standing outside. I immediately rushed in and saw that my toilet was overflowing. The bathroom floor was wet and a little bit of the living area was wet. I immediately turned it off, got help, and got the tank drained. I cleaned up all visible black water. I cleaned the floors a couple of times with a disinfectant. I currently am running a dehumidifier and a fan in the bathroom. I also just turned my furnace on to help dry up anything. There is no water in the underbelly. There is no water in any door I can open from the outside. I can still smell it. What can I do? Should I worry about the black water having seat between the floor slats? Is there any way to get to the parts of the floor I canít see such S under the washer, under the sink, or under the wall separating the bathroom in the living room. My RV is stationary in a luxury RV park. If I have to have it worked on the only way I could do that would be to hire a transporter and have it hauled to a dealership. Can anyone help me
ivyrose10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 09:19 PM   #2

ossibly in furnace vent

In addition to my above problem there is a furnace vent in the floor by where the water was coming under the wall from the bathroom to the living area. I canít tell if anything got in that vent, so Iím not sure what to do about that either
Old 11-27-2022, 09:29 PM   #3

Black tank overflow

I have a new Riverstone legacy. I was attempting to empty my black tank for the first time by myself. I forgot there were two black tank levers to pull. I only pulled one and emptied that tank. I then started the flush. I was standing outside and heard water. I rushed in and saw the half bath toilet was overflowing. I am mediately turned the water off, and then I got help from the RV park camp host. I got the tank emptied and flushed. Next I cleaned up the water as best I could from the bathroom and where it had gone under the wall between the bathroom in the living area. The black water had come into the living area about 6-9 inches. I cleaned and disinfected the floors three times. Directly in front of the fireplace which is on the wall between the bathroom and the living area is a furnace vent. I could not tell if any water got in there. In addition to cleaning, I have a fan blowing on the bathroom floor, I have a dehumidifier running, and I have turned on my furnace to help warm the floors and maybe help dry any parts I canít see. How can I get to the parts I canít see Such as under the sink, under the washing machine, and under the wall between the bathroom in the living room? Is there anything else I should be doing? Please help! My RV is not even a month old
Old 11-27-2022, 09:34 PM   #4

In regards to the above black tank overflow question. I have also turned on the Max fan and opened a couple of windows
Old 11-27-2022, 10:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Two threads merged

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135; Booked for 2023 = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:32 PM   #6

turn water off at tap in r.v. park.when you leave ,anytime. saw a toilet valve stick open while neighbor left for day. HEP POOP EVERYWHERE.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:24 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
turn water off at tap in r.v. park.when you leave ,anytime. saw a toilet valve stick open while neighbor left for day. HEP POOP EVERYWHERE.
That's not at all what happened to the OP.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:27 AM   #8

Stinks (no pun intended). You're not the first to ovrflush their black tank. Just keep cleaning what you can get to. Only other suggestion I can make is perhaps call ServiceMaster or a similar service. Good luck.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank