Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #1

black tank problem

Ok I'm embarrassed to even say . Ok I have a prime lacrosse . My son turned on the black tank flush he is 5 . So I go to my toilet going to use it and water starts coming toward me . I'm like wth quickly snatch my foot off . Then I hear the pipes hammer and a waterfall of water in my underbelly of the camper . I quickly hit the black tank drain . The underbelly plastic is hanging down on the side my tanks are on . The valve side. Ok I let it drain undo my underbelly some more cut small holes in the plastic to drain the standing water in my underbelly. Fill the black tank back up . I'm sure it damaged something. It willnt make a waterfall leak anymore . I know my out kitchen sink is hooked to the black tank . It had very little water under the water trap . I don't know how to take the plastic down to check but if it does have damage I'm not sure where . My thoughts are the vent line may be broke at top of the tank . It's hard to see and I don't want to break or cut the plastic . I know the flush shouldn't have been hooked up. It s my fault I know . I just flushed the tank twice 45 mins before this and my son was watching . So that's where he got the idea to mess with it . Any help would be great . It's a 2014 primetime lacrosse 318bhs luxury lite touring edition. I think I'm going to fill the tank this evening and wait and see if it seeps water. I'll be doing the work .
black02pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Site Team

first off welcome to the forum.
Is it black or fresh water leaking? If it fresh I wonder if son just happen to overfill the fresh water tank.(playing around like kids do) There might be a fresh water breather or overflow on the fresh water tank.If so no biggie ..I would however open up the bottom and let it air out. You can cut and screw or tape the under belly back up, no big deal.
Im not sure but I dont see how the black water could over flow in your underbelly.
Could be the water that came at you was from the black water flushing rinse?

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #3

Drop the belly cover and check the (Black Tank) area! Your BT vent is located thru the (Top side) and out the Roof,it should have exited the roof vent,unless it (Disconnected) from the Tank. The (Tank Rinser) nozzle or Hose could have (Disconnected also. Since it is (Almost Clean) NOW,drop and check locations of possible leak. Did I say NOW,not after it turns (BLACK)!! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #4

Black tank . But any how the bottom of the black tank where the discharge pipe comes off of it to the discharge valve clamp came loose I pressed it back in and tightened the clamp thanks guys for trying to help out.
black02pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by black02pony View Post
Black tank . But any how the bottom of the black tank where the discharge pipe comes off of it to the discharge valve clamp came loose I pressed it back in and tightened the clamp thanks guys for trying to help out.
Good deal! Hey that (5 year old) HELPER didn't watch you tighten the clamps did He? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Good deal! Hey that (5 year old) HELPER didn't watch you tighten the clamps did He? Youroo!!
HAHA Won't hijack the thread and relate how my 8 year old son "helped" on our first Black water dump back some 15 years ago LOL

Welcome to the forums black02pony and hope your future experiences are a bit better!!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
Site Team

Glad ya got it working

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank