Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

Black tank problem

So I'm flushing my black water holding tank yesterday when I lear a loud noise, almost like metal breaking or something falling. I kill the water and drain the tank and I can see where the black stuff underneath the trailer (the stuff that covers all the plumbing and stuff) has pulled away from the screws and I can see the tank. I added some water as an experiment and I could see the tank dropping as it filled so I immediatley turn off the water and drain. I don't see any leaking but there is definitely something wrong. Has this happened to anyone else, and what is the process for getting warranty work done? I'm full timing until I retire next year so taking it to the dealler (2 hours away) really isn't an option.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #2

I would check the metal strapping that secures the tank, sounds like it's not secured properly. Tank is usually bolted to framework
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #3

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to go digging around too much and get blamed by the warranty people. What's the best way to check the strapping, just remove enough material to get in there and look?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #4

That's correct. I had an electrical issue and I used razor knife and cut 3 sides making a flap. After I found a pinched wire, I used a black gorilla type tape to re-seal flap. No issues so far. Depending on what is in the way, you may be able to just pry or bend it from one side of the frame. Mine just lays on bottom of the I-beam frame
Old 07-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #5

It looks like mine is attached with self tapping screws so when I get home I may remove what i need to and check it.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #6

Any Luck with repair?
Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #7

I decided not to inspect it myself until I called Forest River. They put me in touch with coach met, who in turn put me in touch with a local authorized Forest River dealer and repair center. They're sending a guy out tomorrow to assess the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
black, black tank, tank