Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #1

Black Water Flush on Surveyor 291BHSS

Newby question here:

Going to use my winterized TT this weekend without any water hook-ups, but plan to use the toilet (#1 only) with carry-on water and then dump and winterize toilet and black water tank afterwards. When I watched the dealer winterize the unit, I had conflicting information from two different techs on the need to winterize the black water flush line. One said it was necessary and the other said not. They ended up pumping AF into the black water flush line at my request but the service manager said that it was not necessary.

Does anyone know for sure on this model if it is really necessary to winterize the black water flush? If not, I may use it this weekend to help clean-out the BW tank at the end of the trip. I guess I could re-winterize the BW flush, but I would need to get some type of pump to pump in the AF.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks
sowbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowbug View Post
Newby question here:

Going to use my winterized TT this weekend without any water hook-ups, but plan to use the toilet (#1 only) with carry-on water and then dump and winterize toilet and black water tank afterwards. When I watched the dealer winterize the unit, I had conflicting information from two different techs on the need to winterize the black water flush line. One said it was necessary and the other said not. They ended up pumping AF into the black water flush line at my request but the service manager said that it was not necessary.

Does anyone know for sure on this model if it is really necessary to winterize the black water flush? If not, I may use it this weekend to help clean-out the BW tank at the end of the trip. I guess I could re-winterize the BW flush, but I would need to get some type of pump to pump in the AF.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks
I don't pump antifreeze through the black water flush lines, but I do blow them out, which is important! I forgot one year and quickly found out when water was spraying inside my bathroom cabinet. (this is where the anti-siphon valve usually is located) Doesn't take much for those to freeze and crack. The rest of the line should be fine.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, surveyor, water