Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #1

Blank Tank Evaporating? Gray Tank Leaking.

We're currently in South Georgia where it's been running 95+ every day since we've been here. We have a 2016 Cedar Creek 38FL6. There are only the two of us. The black tank gauge won't go past 1/3 even at day 10. We're not home all day but it should be higher than that. So I'm thinking that either it's evaporating or the gauge isn't working properly. I see no sign of leaks anywhere. Anyone else ever have this problem? Solutions?

Also, the bathroom gray tank is slightly leaking when closed. We had it in storage for 6 months and when we started using it again the handle was corroded closed. Finally got it loose but the tank leaks a small stream out the pipe, seen through our clear elbow, when its closed and has water in it. how hard is it to get to the tank and see what the problem is?

Thanks for the advice!
Bobh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
llr

The gauges, especially black are very unreliable, most units you can shine a flashlight down the toilet to check, there would't me much evaporation. Getting a couple of weeks or more on the black tank is not unreasonable, just be sure you are using plenty of water.

The gate valves are easy to replace on many units. When I take the cape off I hold the sewer hose under it in case there is any water there, then connect the hose.
TV 2024 F350 DRW Lariat Ultimate
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload - sold 4/24
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llr View Post
The gauges, especially black are very unreliable, most units you can shine a flashlight down the toilet to check, there would't me much evaporation. Getting a couple of weeks or more on the black tank is not unreasonable, just be sure you are using plenty of water.

The gate valves are easy to replace on many units. When I take the cape off I hold the sewer hose under it in case there is any water there, then connect the hose.
X2, no evaporation, unreliable sensors.

Until you can get the gate valve replaced buy one of these to add to your output port. Leave it closed until you connect your sewer. Good to leave on after you get the gate valve repaired as a backup system gate valve...

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T5...e%2C192&sr=1-4

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank