RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Cable Activated Gate Valve Problem

I have a 2015 Blue Ridge 3025RL 5-er. The grey water valve is extremely hard to open and close. It does seal when closed. What I've read is that it is likely the length / routing of the cable. I dropped a large part of the underpinning to look for the valve, but the tank / valve / cable all set on a plywood sub floor, so I can't see how to access the cable. I've also read about lubricating the cable, but don't know how this can be done, since you can't get to the cable. I have tried removing the large flange nut by the pull handle to see if I can access the cable, but there is a large flange nut on the other side of the fiberglass panel. The cable appears to be under the bed slide and was wondering if that would be the cable access point. Any help would be appreciated.
3nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nails View Post
I have a 2015 Blue Ridge 3025RL 5-er. The grey water valve is extremely hard to open and close. It does seal when closed. What I've read is that it is likely the length / routing of the cable. I dropped a large part of the underpinning to look for the valve, but the tank / valve / cable all set on a plywood sub floor, so I can't see how to access the cable. I've also read about lubricating the cable, but don't know how this can be done, since you can't get to the cable. I have tried removing the large flange nut by the pull handle to see if I can access the cable, but there is a large flange nut on the other side of the fiberglass panel. The cable appears to be under the bed slide and was wondering if that would be the cable access point. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a similar problem. I can get to my valves when the belly is dropped but their location makes it almost impossible to work on. I just ordered a bottle of drain valve lube. I haven't tried it yet but it gets good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2015 Brookstone 315RL
2016 GMC Sierra 3500HD Diesel 4x4 CC LB LEMON
Hatchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:07 PM   #3

I ordered the stuff from Amazon. It may work for some applications but it didn't work at all for me. I ran four cycles through the tank, using the amount and method they prescribed. I even left some in the tank for a day to see if that would help. Guess I will address the problem at a later date. Thanks......
3nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:33 PM   #4

Had the same thing happen in my cedar creek. Cables hard to push and pull...then they just quit working.
Got mad and replace my cables to electric valves. Smooth sailing ever since.
cfiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #5

Finally got around to using the Thetford Drain Valve LUBE. Since the 5th is in storage, I drained the shower/sink tank and black water tank. Added the mixture then added water. Worked the valves and it seemed to help some. The next day I repeated the process and they now work much better! A good $7.11 fix. Already ordered another bottle to use once we hit the road again.

2015 Brookstone 315RL
2016 GMC Sierra 3500HD Diesel 4x4 CC LB LEMON
Hatchee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, valve