RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #1

Capacity of water tanks

Hello all, I have 2020 Coachmen Freelander 32ds. I am having a issue with water tanks. Specifications say Gray is 57 gals. Black is 31 gals. and Fresh is 50. You would think you could take more than one shower when sewer hookup isn't available. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice is appreciated.
DebFenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #2

Donít have your unit but our 2020 Cardinal held only 18 gallons in galley tank. Dealer contacted forest river and was told a number of them had been improperly installed. Drain was placed to far down in holding tank causing backup. You might want to empty holding tank and then use a gallon jug to measure how many gallons tank is actually holding.
Hawkpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:27 AM   #3

Thanks HawkPat. I will try that. I also have (5)valves. This is our 3rd camper and have never seen that many. Rather confusing. I will contact my dealer and see what they say.
DebFenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebFenn View Post
Hello all, I have 2020 Coachmen Freelander 32ds. I am having a issue with water tanks. Specifications say Gray is 57 gals. Black is 31 gals. and Fresh is 50. You would think you could take more than one shower when sewer hookup isn't available. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice is appreciated.
Hello, we have the exact same rig. There is a fairly small "auxilary" tank right under the shower. There is also an auxilary tank button to see the fill level on the monitor panel. For some reason Coachmen decided that having a separate holding tank for the shower made sense - but I would have rather had that go directly into the Gray tank. On the outside of the rig, right under the outdoor kitchen, you will see the gate valve for that aux tank. This particular model is also plumbed for a washer/dryer combo unit. That gate valve is the one that is inside the storage compartment to the right of the storage compartment under the outdoor kitchen (between the outdoor kitchen and outdoor TV). You will see it on the left wall of that storage compartment. NOTE - that gate must be OPEN if you are using an optional washing machine. Hope that helps
PapaMosbacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank