Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #1

Check valve for black water flush

Hi everyone,
Last fall (2019) I replace the check valve for black water flush because it was leaking. It is unconveniently located behind the kitchen drawers, between the fridge and the shower. It was quite an ordeal to remove the faulty one and replace it with a new one. (It involved disassembling half the cabinet)

It worked flawlessly all winter, but this past weekend, as I tried to flush my black tank, I found that water didn't reach the tank. Instead pressure built up in the hose, and in the flange. I'm afraid the valve might faulty again.

At $90CAN a crack I was wondering if I could just bypass it, and put a straight pipe instead.
Suggestions welcome.
Maurice
Old 09-07-2020, 01:19 PM   #2

SOLVED: Check valve for black water flush

Replying to my own post, here's an update.
Before going inot the trouble of disassembling the check valve, I emptied the black tank, and disassemble the black flush pipe going into the tank. It turned out the entire run was good, including the valve. Upon further inspection I found out "something" was preventing the water from flowing into the tank. I cleaned the area the best I could, re-installed the flushing pipe, and voila! It worked.
End of the story.

Maurice
Old 09-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
Site Team

Thanks for following up with the solution. Could have been something stuck on the nozzle in the tank that moved a little when you cleaned it.

Tags
black, black water, check, flush, valve, water