Old 03-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #21
Swift2

Black water cable

Yes mine was the cable too. I took a portion of the belly skin off and cut a lot of cable off two of the cables and used heavy grease inside the cables before putting them back together. They are smooth as butter now. The valves worked very easy when no cables were attached. I mean two finger light. Good luck.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=gljurczyk;808736]Makes sense, Are you going down to help? To me a cable to pull to open or close a valve is not something I would want.../QUOTE]

You might not want it or like it, but I would imagine yours has a cable pull on at least one if not 2 of the valves.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #23
Swift2

Boats, airplanes, motorcycles all have push pull cables that work great if correctly maintained. Even the kids can work mine now. The aluminum 1/4" rod sticking out behind the tires was a horable design. Just waiting to fall off.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #24

My former camper, a FR Grand Surveyor, had those cable pull/push thingy's. For those of you who remember push type lawn mowers with the throttle mounted on the handles these cables are much like those, an outer housing that looks much like a tight wound spring with a solid wire cable in the housing. After a few times fighting the handles to open/close the grey and black water valves I just decided to find the problem and fix it, or totally destroy something. This unit also had the enclosed underbelly with some type of aluminum paneling. I had to remove three of these panels to see everything and to get to the actual valves which were mounted on to the tanks. The cables must have been six feet long and the distance from the handles to the valves may have been 30" or so. Each time I would try to move the handle either way the cable housing would just flex. I cut the cable housing so they would be straight, then cut the actual cable to fit. I also made and installed one brace on each cable housing to help hold in in a straight line. After that the valves worked much better.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #25

Took my unit to Berryland Camper in Hammond,LA and they replaced both the cable and the valve. Works better now than when new. Thanks for all the ideas. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black