RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #1

Cottage 40CCK Drain Questions

Hi all,

New guy to this 2020 Cedar Creek destination model.
It has the common "Convenience Center" control panel that has both Black water and 2 Gray water push buttons with sensor LEDs.

Underneath, there is the usual single sewer/gray water exit pipe with two signs on the side that indicate the two valves near it saying "Black Tank" and "Bath Tank" the latter I assume is the gray for shower and sink(s).

Up forward on the rig is another sign saying "Galley Tank" and another valve under it. When we first got the trailer I thought a neighbor that owns a Cottage said it was for the refrigerator/freezer and to keep it open.

Well,... twice in this first month of ownership, I've had to disconnect my sewer hose and move it to my old 5th-wheel to clean it out ready for moving and sale. Both those times I had the rear valves closed and when I removed the cap, whooosh, I spilled a whole lot of water I wasn't expecting!

So, riddle me this,...
I have never seen the "Gray 2" sensor show anything in the "Galley Tank" and by keeping that valve open, where is it going? Does it spill into the "Bath Tank" or is it directly connected to the main Sewer Connection and I need to close the "Galley Tank" valve like I close the "Bath Tank" to build up a flush volume for the Black Tank or before I remove the sewer hose?

Isn't it great that Forest River (and probably other manufacturers) write generic owner's manual that don't include anything about a second gray tank and how they are related?

Thanks friends.
SunNRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
2018 Cottage CCK

Our 2018 CCK has a Kitchen tank/valve, Bath sink & shower tank/valve, Washing machine tank/valve, and a black tank/valve. Thus four shut-off valves. ALL are connected to the one sewer outlet.

Full-timers since 1999
2018 Cedar Creek Cottage: August 2017
Located: Arizona
Cottage_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottage_Owner View Post
Our 2018 CCK has a Kitchen tank/valve, Bath sink & shower tank/valve, Washing machine tank/valve, and a black tank/valve. Thus four shut-off valves. ALL are connected to the one sewer outlet.
Thank you Cottage_Owner.
We don't have the Washing Machine option, but I'm now "testing" the Galley Tank / Gray 2 indicator on the control panel. If you were to keep your Washer tank closed, how would you know how full it is? Just curious.
SunNRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain