Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #1

Curious as to where the leak is

This past weekend was our first time out with the camper this year. So yesterday my wife asked me to drain the gray tank because there was some water starting to come up in the shower drain. Up to this point we did not use the shower in the camper. A little later we were packing up to leave and when we moved our laundry hamper we noticed a decent size water puddle under it. I am attaching a picture and the hamper was sitting right where the shower basin meets the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	205014  
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #2

I think your gonna just have to watch is to be sure. Spray from shower along door track? Seeping on floor under shower?Just this once?
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #3

We didn't even use the shower. We dewinterized it at the campground and my wife was going to take a shower the next day and noticed there was some water coming up from the drain in which meant my gray tank was full. I'm curious to know how to get to the plumbing under the shower.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #4

Is the gray tank full ?
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #5

Water coming out from under shower base? Remove access cover to the P-trap and check for leaking ABS fittings. It looks like there is a cover in the base at the front at lower left in the photo. Or did the shower base overflow onto the floor?

If water is backing up into the shower through the grate, that would indicate a full grey tank. Sometimes a roof vent pipe will slip down into the tank and as the tank fills up, it could pressurize the tank and push water back.

Water coming from under a shower could also be due to a leaking PEX fitting or connection to the faucet (swivel fitting).
Old 05-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #6

shower one peice?

We have a seperate floor pan where the sides overlap it at the bottom. We too had a leak issue where the water would run along the seam lip past (behind) the shower door to the exterior door. It was difficult to diagnoisis as it was impacted by whether the coach was level. While parked no problem on the jacks and level, but later after retuning home water would appear. Our coach is nose down when driving. I took the door assembly off and recaulked with silicone where the lips met, it has a dab there already but appreh not sufficent. No problem in three years.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak