Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #1

Determining Water Line Type 2016 Wildwood BHDS?

Hello,

Have a 2016 Wildwood BHDS, and had the rear right axle tire separate and damage the insulation and two water lines above it. I'm trying to determine if those water lines (a red and blue) are drain lines, or if they were connected to shower etc.. I can't see were they were connected to another line, and we've used shower and sinks without loss of water. If drain lines, I'm going to put a pex valve on them and be done. Wildwood was no help (how can you not know were waterlines on the product u manufacture are located, its insane!), as well as the dealer that sold it. Does anyone have any experience on this matter?
TexRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #2

They are the low point drain lines.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #3

that is what we were thinking, but Wildwood couldn't confirm it (didn't even suggest that as a possibility). Wanted to make sure everything is working properly before going on vacation in a week. I'm going to put insulation back above tire, cut out holes in insulation for the water lines to go through, then cover the insulation with heavy duty tarp material and use waterproof tap to attach, and possibly staples. Does that sound advisable? Also, going to again make sure all sings and shower are working.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #4

They are in a terrible spot. The caps on our trailer rub the tires sometimes, so I keep extra caps handy. As to your repair, I'd try to relocate them a bit since it's already apart.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:07 PM   #5

How do you like your 2017 Rockwood MiniLite 2506S? We wanted a 5th Wheel Trailer, but the RV dealer said that it wasn't an option since I had a lifted truck. Unfortunately, when we went to Port Aransas, TX, I saw plenty of 5thW Trailers being towed by lifted trucks, they had an adapter for it! To late now!
Old 07-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshort View Post
They are the low point drain lines.
I may be missing something but if low point drain lines, wouldn't they be pressurized if on city water or on the pump and if damaged be leaking?
'15 (6) : '16 (32) : '17 (41) : '18 (35) : '19 (38) : '20 (15) : '21 (15) :
Sebourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #7
Bene Gesserit Rule

I am not sure if people are confused, but I am by the answers.

The red and blue pipes are the fresh water (hot/cold) lines to taps. Drain pipes/hoses are either grey or black.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, wildwood