Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #1

Dometic 300 toilet flush pedal not working

I have had our Flagstaff E-Pro about six months now.

We have had the leaking toilet seal issue for awhile. However, on this trip the flush pedal has stopped working It allows water to enter the bowl but does not move the flapper to allow bowl contents to go down. I can move the flapper by hand but that can’t continue!

I’m on my last night of this RV trip. I did my research online but can’t find this issue discussed. Any suggestions?
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_RVer View Post
I have had our Flagstaff E-Pro about six months now.

We have had the leaking toilet seal issue for awhile. However, on this trip the flush pedal has stopped working It allows water to enter the bowl but does not move the flapper to allow bowl contents to go down. I can move the flapper by hand but that can’t continue!

I’m on my last night of this RV trip. I did my research online but can’t find this issue discussed. Any suggestions?
Call Dometic. It maybe covered by warranty. They may even offer you an upgrade to a 320.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:17 AM   #3

Thanks, I’ll do that . I have been looking at the 320 anyway but right now I have bowl of yellow liquid to contend with before we leave the RV site this morning.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 AM   #4

We had an issue a couple years ago where the flapper didn't close completely. Part of the assembly for the flapper had popped off (you can see it when you open the flapper and look under it). I popped it back on and no issues since. Hope this may help.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
We had an issue a couple years ago where the flapper didn't close completely. Part of the assembly for the flapper had popped off (you can see it when you open the flapper and look under it). I popped it back on and no issues since. Hope this may help.
2X Push the flush pedal down if it still opens the flapper. on the left side of the flapper is an plastic arm the drops down and has a plastic pin that should be positioned in the same size hole in the side of the toilet body. You will need to were rubber gloves.
PS I some one pushed the peddle to flush down to far or hard they may have broke the plastic peddle not good.

Hope this helps tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #6

I think Dometic will replace it with a 310. I switched out our 300 with a 320 and what a difference. Just rip it out and put in a 320. The residential style seat alone is worth it.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Call Dometic. It maybe covered by warranty. They may even offer you an upgrade to a 320.

Our camping partners put a brand new 320 in their coach last year and it had a similar problem. Dometic knew immediately what it was and just sent them a new one. Has to do with the two halves of the bowl being torqued too tight during production causing issues with gate travel. Evidently if you loosen the torque after the caulk sets they just leak so Dometic said sorry, and please just toss the original one in the trash.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #8
Pockets

If you allowed the toilet sit without water in the bowl, the seal and the flapper valve are stuck together. It just happened to me. I let the water sit in their for 1/2 hr and the flapper valve started doing what it is supposed to
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg 2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(174 nights) 2018(157 nights) 2019(79 nights) 2020(108 nights)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
If you allowed the toilet sit without water in the bowl, the seal and the flapper valve are stuck together. It just happened to me. I let the water sit in their for 1/2 hr and the flapper valve started doing what it is supposed to
We always keep water in the bowl except when it leaks out (which was often). For this current issue, the flush pedal does not move the flapper at all. I was able to put a gloved hand in the bowl and move the flapper to open and close it.

Anyway, I called Dometic this afternoon and explained my past and current toilet issues. They offered to send me a new model 300 unit but I was able to upgrade to the 320 for $100. It should be at my place on Friday.

They were very nice about everything and I'm extremely pleased with their customer service.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
Old 09-25-2018, 06:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_RVer View Post
We always keep water in the bowl except when it leaks out (which was often). For this current issue, the flush pedal does not move the flapper at all. I was able to put a gloved hand in the bowl and move the flapper to open and close it.

Anyway, I called Dometic this afternoon and explained my past and current toilet issues. They offered to send me a new model 300 unit but I was able to upgrade to the 320 for $100. It should be at my place on Friday.

They were very nice about everything and I'm extremely pleased with their customer service.

John
You will love the 320.

I spread waterproof plumbers grease on the bottom side of the ball gasket with gloves while stepping on the flush lever. It keeps the gasket from sticking to the ball & leaking.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, flush