Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 AM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor

Had a sewer 'gas problem' on last trip for first time, nothing to do with toilet. Wife came running out of bathroom, dry heaving, said when she flushed toilet, horrible gasses came up. Of course, I thought she was being overly dramatic, but as she was explaining, it reached me, and I started dry heaving and had to run out of trailer it was so awful.

Even though black tank was not full, I dumped it anyway, followed by thorough flushing with built in black tank flush. I followed up by pouring liquid citrus tank treatment in from Walmart, but double checked label this time. It said to dump tank at least weekly, and if temps get above 85F, to double the tank treatment.

Well, it had been well over 85 for days, and maybe 5 days without dumping, and I missed doubling the treatment in hot weather. Lesson learned, no problem since. Oh, and we now turn off exhaust fan when flushing.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Somehow this old thread got ressurected.

Anyway... the OP asked about a model 310 toilet.
Most of the responses here have been issues surrounding the model 300.

This is the first complaint I've heard about the 310.
To the OP... did you have an issue with your 310 toilet or was it simply a black tank odor issue?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, gas