RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #1

Dometic 320 water pressure

I replaced my dometic 300 with a dometic 320 with the sprayer. I did this out of pocket because I hated the plastic bowl. I threw it away because it was starting to smell.

I find that the flush controls on the 320 work however the water coming out when using just the pedal is not enough to wash the TP down the drain. At first I thought there was junk in the valve screen so I took it apart and there was nothing in the pedal valve. To make it a bit more interesting the sprayer works great...when we flush without the sprayer water barely trickles down the bowl in a few places. The rest of the connections are all crimped with no way for me to remove them.

This has me puzzled because nothing large enough to block the bowl outlets should make it past the screen and the valve clearly works fine with the sprayer. This means the backflow valve and foot pedal valve are working fine. This leaves me with a manufacturing defect or this is just how it is supposed to work (I don't think it is).

Any ideas or do I just go back to dometic for another replacement?

Anyone out there with a 320 that can provide me with feedback on how much flow I can get out of the bowl alone?
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, pressure, water