RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-08-2020, 07:39 AM   #361

Thank you. I will look up the number for Dometic and give them a call now
freetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetogo View Post
Freetogo, welcome to the forum from the Space Coast of FL....
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #363

Quote:
Good deal. This is who I talked to. But this was a year ago so maybe this person isnít there. But she was great and helped me out. Very nice to talk to. They will want The serial number off the toilet. They will send it direct to you and you can install it. Itís very easy.... maybe 20 minutes. But if youíre uneasy about it Iím sure your dealer would do it.

Diane Staman
Customer Service

Phone (330) 439-5545
diane.staman@dometic.com
kk5fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #364

Urine smell

I just spoke with Dometic and received good news sort of. They will replace my 300 series toilet but could not verify serial number so said I need to call back tomorrow after number has but in the system. They offered me the upgrade but it sounds like it will not fit. Said I need 9 5/8 inches from the wall to the bolts. I have about 9 inches. So it looks like I am stuck with the 300 toilet. My wife and I hate it but not sure if there is another answer.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #365
Just Tryin' to Help

Quote:
I just spoke with Dometic and received good news sort of. They will replace my 300 series toilet but could not verify serial number so said I need to call back tomorrow after number has but in the system. They offered me the upgrade but it sounds like it will not fit. Said I need 9 5/8 inches from the wall to the bolts. I have about 9 inches. So it looks like I am stuck with the 300 toilet. My wife and I hate it but not sure if there is another answer.
Check the website and compare the measurements of the 300 and 310. I installed the 310 in our camper and it seemed like it was the same size as the 300. It fit perfect and we do love the 310.
Equalizer Hitch w/ 4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2016(retirement): 870
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #366

Go to this website, it gives the dimensions for all 300 series toilets..

https://www.dometic.com/assets/37/11...1.pdf?att=true
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #367

Quote:
Like a couple others said look at the dimensions. The base of the 300 and the 310 are exactly the same. The bowl on the 310 is slightly egg shaped where the 300 is more round. How much space do you have from the back of the toliet where the lid is and your wall? Thatís where the problem could be if your 300 is already touching the wall. The base has nothing to do with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4BEAFAD0-EDD3-4919-92B0-25958E609F42.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	231015  
Old 06-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #368

You may be able to turn the toilet slightly to accommodate the oval shape. I replaced a Thetford with a 310 and had to turn it slightly to fit and keep the lid from always closing. It is a nice toilet. The flush is much nicer than the Thetford we had.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5fe View Post
Like a couple others said look at the dimensions. The base of the 300 and the 310 are exactly the same. The bowl on the 310 is slightly egg shaped where the 300 is more round. How much space do you have from the back of the toliet where the lid is and your wall? Thatís where the problem could be if your 300 is already touching the wall. The base has nothing to do with it.
Actually if you read the rough in dimensions the 300 is 8.75Ē and the 310 is 10Ē. The 300 and 301 are the same.
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Actually if you read the rough in dimensions the 300 is 8.75” and the 310 is 10”. The 300 and 301 are the same.
The measurement you quoted is from the mounting screws to the wall. The difference is because of the shape of the bowl. The top of the 300 isn't as long as the 310 which is what I said. The bowls aren't the same.
I said the mount (base) is the same for all the toilets. There is no difference.

So the question I asked to Freetogo was is his toilet touching the wall already. If so then the 310 wont fit... but if there is room it may fit.
Its the top of the toilet you have to worry about.... not the base.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5fe View Post
The measurement you quoted is from the mounting screws to the wall. The difference is because of the shape of the bowl. The top of the 300 isn't as long as the 310 which is what I said. The bowls aren't the same.
I said the mount (base) is the same for all the toilets. There is no difference.

So the question I asked to Freetogo was is his toilet touching the wall already. If so then the 310 wont fit... but if there is room it may fit.
Its the top of the toilet you have to worry about.... not the base.
Read op post 364... I think they already answered that unless Iím misreading their post.

Dometic says 10Ē from wall to mounting screws, op says they have 9Ē...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Read op post 364... I think they already answered that unless Iím misreading their post.

Dometic says 10Ē from wall to mounting screws, op says they have 9Ē...
I was just looking for verification that his toilet is pressing against the wall or not.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:42 PM   #373

I am having these EXACT same issues on my brand new 2020 Forest River Wolf Pup 16BHS. Toilet began to stink something fierce. I changed the ball gasket seal several times, no luck. Found a loose O-ring in there. Strange, that's not on the exploded parts diagram?! Removed tolet, replaced bottom seal, toilet toilet over and GROSS DISGUSTING WATER poured out the back. DISGUSTING! Replaced all seals, reinstalled, it's better but it's on it's way back to disgusting again.

I began emailing Dometic on March 5th. All I get are dismissive bullshit answers. This SUCKS! I hope they send me a replacement toilet and promptly like all you fine folk got I am living in this damn thing!
shredjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:58 PM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredjesse View Post
I am having these EXACT same issues on my brand new 2020 Forest River Wolf Pup 16BHS. Toilet began to stink something fierce. I changed the ball gasket seal several times, no luck. Found a loose O-ring in there. Strange, that's not on the exploded parts diagram?! Removed tolet, replaced bottom seal, toilet toilet over and GROSS DISGUSTING WATER poured out the back. DISGUSTING! Replaced all seals, reinstalled, it's better but it's on it's way back to disgusting again.

I began emailing Dometic on March 5th. All I get are dismissive bullshit answers. This SUCKS! I hope they send me a replacement toilet and promptly like all you fine folk got I am living in this damn thing!
Welcome to the forum from the Space Coast of Florida. I would try calling Dometic vs email. I have always found them to be on top of things and no BS to me.

Look on the side of your toilet by the flush pedal. I think you will find a model number and s/n on a tag. Easier just to hang your phone down there and snap a pic.

Call them and explain your problem. They should take care of it since your RV is a 2020.

What I canít believe is I had this problem with my 2013 Rockwood. That was 7 years ago and they are still putting these defective units in new RVs. I just donít understand why they have not stopped the nonsense....
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #375

So I called in (Dometic Sanitation- 800-321-9886) per the advice after yet another dismissive bullshit email back from Dometic. They really need ZenDesk or some other ticketing system...

I told the lady about the problem I was having and she said "Oh yep, that problem is pretty much my entire job these last few years..."

She was semi surprised to discover it was on my 2020, as the newer models have modifications to fix and avoid this. That said, my camper is probably a 2019 masquerading as a 2020 product model.

It was $75 to upgrade for us. No information about a recall though to reference for others, sorry guys. Just call in, they'll help you out!

Nice of them to take ownership. Looking forward to the upgrade. Unfortunately I can't get it shipped direct to me nor shipped promptly, but such is life.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #376

Quote:
So I called in (Dometic Sanitation- 800-321-9886) per the advice after yet another dismissive bullshit email back from Dometic. They really need ZenDesk or some other ticketing system...

I told the lady about the problem I was having and she said "Oh yep, that problem is pretty much my entire job these last few years..."

She was semi surprised to discover it was on my 2020, as the newer models have modifications to fix and avoid this. That said, my camper is probably a 2019 masquerading as a 2020 product model.

It was $75 to upgrade for us. No information about a recall though to reference for others, sorry guys. Just call in, they'll help you out!

Nice of them to take ownership. Looking forward to the upgrade. Unfortunately I can't get it shipped direct to me nor shipped promptly, but such is life.
Good to hear you got somewhere with them. Iím sure these Model 300 toilets have cost them a bundle over the years this has been going on. When they replaced mine they shipped it free to my house but that was about 7 years ago..sheesh...

I guess my time is worth more than saving $75 dollars if I would have had to take it to my dealer to have it replaced. You can buy a new Model 310 for $175 delivered free with Amazon Prime, yank that stink pot out, install the new one and be a happy camper. The urine smell is terrible, donít know how you live with it for extended time. Worth $100 to me to eliminate NOW. But thatís just me...

Just make sure the 310 will fit your RV.
https://www.dometic.com/assets/37/11...1.pdf?att=true

Happy camping...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #377

Word, yeah the smell is difficult. Having removed the toilet and dumped it all out once, it's not entirely unbearable right now. I also put the O-ring in with a metric ton of grease which I think is helping keep this leak minimal this round. Right now it's not so bad, but it will grow to be unbearable I'm sure by the end of the trip.

I'll likely just remove the toilet, dump it and rinse it one more time before I get back and can install the porcelein toilet.

My understanding is the difference between the 300 and 310 is only 1 5/16". I've got an extra 4 inches between my toilet and the wall so I'm good to go!

Excited to finally be rid of the funk.

Next up... dealing with how poorly Forest River installed the shower. All the outside edges tilt towards the wall, and then it is installed so it also tilts outwards to the floor. So any water that gets on any wall drips down onto the edge and runs out onto the floor, rendering the shower useless. Of course I can't get it fixed under warranty since all dealrships warranty departments by me are closed due to Covid. Blech.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #378

Quote:
Word, yeah the smell is difficult. Having removed the toilet and dumped it all out once, it's not entirely unbearable right now. I also put the O-ring in with a metric ton of grease which I think is helping keep this leak minimal this round. Right now it's not so bad, but it will grow to be unbearable I'm sure by the end of the trip.

I'll likely just remove the toilet, dump it and rinse it one more time before I get back and can install the porcelein toilet.

My understanding is the difference between the 300 and 310 is only 1 5/16". I've got an extra 4 inches between my toilet and the wall so I'm good to go!

Next up... dealing with how poorly Forest River installed the shower. All the outside edges tilt towards the wall, and then it is installed so it also tilts outwards to the floor. So any water that gets on any wall drips down onto the edge and runs out onto the floor, rendering the shower useless. Of course I can't get it fixed under warranty since all dealrships warranty departments by me are closed due to Covid. Blech.
Yes, it sounds like you have plenty of room. The rough in drawing I sent shows the 300 needs 8.5Ē from back wall to centerline screw mounts vs 10Ē for the 310. Sounds like you have plenty of room.

What I did for my stinky pot, as ours also raised its ugly head while on a trip, was add some black tank treatment thru the hole in back of the toilet. I was using a liquid called Odorlos at the time. Helped tamp it down some. Might give it a try..

Enjoy your travel time...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

Old 06-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #379

Quote:

I have sorta the same problem with my shower so I learned to just tilt the whole camper back slightly when leveling and it keeps the water in the shower.
fredoe61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #380

Urine smell

Well my trailer is at the dealership for the roof recall fix and they are going to replace the toilet with a model 310. Service manager says it fit. I do not know how. I have plenty of room behind the bowl but only 8.5 inches to the centerline flange bolts from the wall. Looks to me like I need 10 inches for the model 310. I hope they are right and it fits.

My bigger concern is why are they still using this junk after years of issues. I was told not to buy a Forest River product because of quality issues but we did it anyway. Hope it is not a mistake. Wish Sunline was still around. Never had an issue