RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 09:50 PM   #421
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
These RV manufactures will throw anything they can get cheap in these things and we will buy them. They could use some better quality material using their buying power and probably increase the price of each unit a grand or two and us buyers probably wouldn't notice the price increase. Heck, we might even be happier with what we buy.
Don't put it all on the manufacturers.

Consumers are the ones demanding cheaper products.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #422
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,803
I just dealt with the Dometic 300 issue. Waited on hold for over an hour, to be told I had to go through a service center, despite the fact I'll do the install myself.

I ended up calling RV Wholesalers, where I bought the trailer. They were very helpful. A new 310 should be delivered Friday at a cost of $75, the incremental cost of an upgrade. They even went as far as having it drop-shipped to my home from Walmart because they didn't have one available immediately.

Summary: don't bother waiting on hold with Dometic. Start with your RV dealer. Fortunately for me, RV Wholesalers was happy to work it out over the phone. I can't say if other dealers will.
__________________
- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L Ecoboost, 1700# payload
- 2020 Rockwood 2507S
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #423
Senior Member
 
Mch5jdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 376
So I finally was able to get through to Dometic and because my toilet it older than 2 years I was provide a repair kit. Not ideal but not bad either.
__________________
Letís go camping!
Mch5jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #424
Senior Member
 
ejknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
So I finally was able to get through to Dometic and because my toilet it older than 2 years I was provide a repair kit. Not ideal but not bad either.
Better than nothing- I remember at one point they were sending out complete replacements for the 300's.
__________________
Ed & Kay
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 V8
2014 Rockwood 2703WS
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #425
Senior Member
 
Mch5jdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejknight View Post
Better than nothing- I remember at one point they were sending out complete replacements for the 300's.


Yea. So now I need to decide to do it now or wait till spring. I already winterized so my lines are full of pink stuff.

Anyone have any experience with the install that might know how much of a project it is and if I need to drain the lines again? Asking for a friend. Haha
__________________
Letís go camping!
Mch5jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:46 PM   #426
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
Yea. So now I need to decide to do it now or wait till spring. I already winterized so my lines are full of pink stuff.

Anyone have any experience with the install that might know how much of a project it is and if I need to drain the lines again? Asking for a friend. Haha
I've never winterized my trailer but I can't see how that would be necessary. The supply to the toilet is a plastic threaded connection you can take off with your hand. That's where the pink stuff would be. The repair should result in the toilet itself being completely dry. There would be no reason to introduce water except to pressure test, which you can do when you're ready to flush it all.
__________________
- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L Ecoboost, 1700# payload
- 2020 Rockwood 2507S
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:48 AM   #427
Senior Member
 
Mch5jdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
I've never winterized my trailer but I can't see how that would be necessary. The supply to the toilet is a plastic threaded connection you can take off with your hand. That's where the pink stuff would be. The repair should result in the toilet itself being completely dry. There would be no reason to introduce water except to pressure test, which you can do when you're ready to flush it all.


That sounds logical. Iíll have to think about it. I realize itís not pressurized but I wondering if gravity will just pour it put.
__________________
Letís go camping!
Mch5jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #428
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
Yea. So now I need to decide to do it now or wait till spring. I already winterized so my lines are full of pink stuff.

Anyone have any experience with the install that might know how much of a project it is and if I need to drain the lines again? Asking for a friend. Haha
Its two bolts and a threaded connection for the water line. You would need to depressurize the lines before unscrewing the connection from the toilet but most folks already do that while they winterize anyway.

No need to add anymore antifreeze. The toilet does not come with anything on the seal in the box anyway.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:12 PM   #429
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 11
Hello all-


Just noticed water on the floor around the toilet base on my 2019 Shockwave T27RQDX. Reading through this thread, I gather the problem is with the model 300, and not the 310 that I have?


My leak is not where the two halves are joined together. After using the flush valve to fill the bowl, I get a small stream of water coming out from where the foot pedal is mounted to the base. I assume a simple flush valve replacement will fix this issue??


I am trying to avoid a dealer visit. Extended warranty has a deductible and really don't want my unit sitting down there for weeks.
DuneRun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 AM   #430
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneRun05 View Post
Hello all-


Just noticed water on the floor around the toilet base on my 2019 Shockwave T27RQDX. Reading through this thread, I gather the problem is with the model 300, and not the 310 that I have?


My leak is not where the two halves are joined together. After using the flush valve to fill the bowl, I get a small stream of water coming out from where the foot pedal is mounted to the base. I assume a simple flush valve replacement will fix this issue??


I am trying to avoid a dealer visit. Extended warranty has a deductible and really don't want my unit sitting down there for weeks.
You are correct on all accounts.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #431
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 58
We bought our 2019 Cherokee 274VFK in July of 2018. Due to some family issues we didn't get to use it very much until this year. All was good for a while, after a couple of weeks on the road we got the awful smell. We wanted relief (ours was out of the two year warranty) I didn't bother checking with Dometic. The only place I could find a replacement was Camping World. Picked up and installed a 310. I think we will be vey happy with it.

Willie
Old Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.