Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #101

same leaky toilet here. dometic 300. filled with urine. camper is two months old and has smelled like an outhouse from day 1. called dometic at 1-574-294-2511 talked with a person named Ronnie. i think it was a woman not sure though. she said i would absolutely have to take it in for the dealer to do it. The dealer near me can't even install a weather strip with out it falling off in 10 minutes. the guy said his last job was delivering pizzas or working on the garbage truck. seriously.

gonna try the Diane mentioned here. ill let you know how it works out after mr/mrs snarky.
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #102

Sending an email to sealand@dometic.com will put you in touch with Diane. Just include serial# of the toilet you are having a problem with. I had my toilet within 48 hours of emailing my serial number.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #103

Just got off the phone with them at the number Dianne is at (didn't talk to Dianne, but a nice helpful lady at least) and they said they would send out the "new and Improved " 300... something tells me this is gonna go on forever as always manufacturers trying squirm out of doing what is right.

maybe i'll buy the 310 and sell the new one. The 300 wreaks of cheap plastic junk. as many of you well know it creaks and snaps while you sit on it and you gotta wonder if the plastic is just too weak. for a 200 lb man.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #104

Thanks

Wow............Thanks. We are having the same problem. I happen to save the sticker that came on the toilet on our new 5thW. Sure enough it is the infamous Dom 300. Jim will be calling FR service dept tomorrow and see if they will replace it.

Smells like a House of Ill Repute........
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkford1953 View Post
Wow............Thanks. We are having the same problem. I happen to save the sticker that came on the toilet on our new 5thW. Sure enough it is the infamous Dom 300. Jim will be calling FR service dept tomorrow and see if they will replace it.

make sure you use the correct NUMBER 800-321-9886. the other dometic number doesn't even know they make toilets
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
https://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
Old 12-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #106
Always Learning

Quote:
Wow............Thanks. We are having the same problem. I happen to save the sticker that came on the toilet on our new 5thW. Sure enough it is the infamous Dom 300. Jim will be calling FR service dept tomorrow and see if they will replace it. Smells like a House of Ill Repute........
I wouldn't call FR, I would call Dometic directly.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
Sending an email to sealand@dometic.com will put you in touch with Diane. Just include serial# of the toilet you are having a problem with. I had my toilet within 48 hours of emailing my serial number.
Please note that Diane has a new email address.

diane.staman@dometic.com
Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #108

Update Fixed.............

Quote:

Just wanted to let all know the major problem was fixed.

Diane at Dometic came through for us. Thanks to those that let me know where to start.
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #109

ok, diane is shipping me a 310 , expect it tomorrow (sweet gal she is ~! ) where can i find a forest Homosassa florida who can install it for me........my camper is 2 weeks old, and under warranty? Help guys! the forest river site is useless, been there, no luck finding that info there!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #110

Check your clearance!

First check the measurements of the two toilets. The 310 is longer and when they shipped one to me it would not fit where the 300 was. They had to ship me a 300 that they SAID was problem rectified. Lets hope.

INSTALLATION:
You can do this.... Real easy. Turn off your water and bleed the pressure. Hold a container under the water hose going into the toilet and remove connection. Extra water will drain in your container. Remove two nuts holding the toilet down. Lift straight up making sure you have a bucket in case it leaks a bit.

Put new toilet in place and reconnect. Turn water back on. Check for leaks.

Takes 15 minutes to 30 minutes. You can't drag your camper to the dealership faster than that!

I did ours...

Good luck,
Heather
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
First check the measurements of the two toilets. The 310 is longer and when they shipped one to me it would not fit where the 300 was. They had to ship me a 300 that they SAID was problem rectified. Lets hope.

INSTALLATION:
You can do this.... Real easy. Turn off your water and bleed the pressure. Hold a container under the water hose going into the toilet and remove connection. Extra water will drain in your container. Remove two nuts holding the toilet down. Lift straight up making sure you have a bucket in case it leaks a bit.

Put new toilet in place and reconnect. Turn water back on. Check for leaks.

Takes 15 minutes to 30 minutes. You can't drag your camper to the dealership faster than that!

I did ours...

Good luck,
Heather

ok, thanks, sounds easy........................i can do that.........BUT, how do i measure a toilet i don't have yet? ok, guess i have to wait til it gets here, ugh........lol
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #112
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

My redesigned 300s should be here Thursday. Glad we will be having a heat wave this weekend. It is supposed to be clear up into the low 30's. Great time to get the toilets swapped.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #113

Not a bad video put out by Dometic on how to install. When you measure for clearance make sure you measure from the wall to the closet bolts/nuts to determine your clearance. If you are installing a 310 in place of a 300 you have at least 10" of clearance from the back wall to the closet bolts/nuts. Here is the spec sheet for the model 310 and for the model 300. you want the measurements from the midpoint of the toilet base to the wall on each toilet. hope this makes sense.

http://www.dometic.com/a5147e5a-ba32...58126a72.fodoc
http://www.dometic.com/adb7aee0-ceeb...1c607237.fodoc

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s, PI HW30-C, Equalizer 10k 4 way hitch,
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #114

Are these toilets used on all new forest river RV's? I just bought a new 14 prime time crusader in dec. sticker says mfg was 9/27/13. Can't go look because it's in storage but I wonder if I have this problem toilet? I haven't used the RV yet because it's been too cold here but I think I would like to change that baby now before I start to use the tank for the first time. Help from any crusader owner please.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #115

I was sent a replacement 300 that was supposedly redesigned in September of last year to fix the odor issue. I replaced it myself even though my camper is still under warranty. It was shipped directly to me by Diane. When I removed the old toilet and took it out of the camper the odor went away immediately even with the black tank fully exposed. I clean the black tank to a pristine level every time we get home from camping. LOL We haven't had a chance to camp with the new toilet installed yet so it's yet to be seen if this new toilet design indeed fixed the issue.

On the stinky side of the issue, I took the old toilet to the ditch and turned it upside down. There was probably a half of a gallon of brown waste that dumped out. Talk about disgusting!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #116

You can do it yourself and takes about 15 min. I didnt measure but ours fit right in with no problem. i would just uninstall the old one and test fit the new one. it will take just as long to do that as trying to figure out the measurements and making the measurementa. also if u have uaed the toilet already be careful and dont top it over till u are outside because it will leak water on u
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawga View Post
You can do it yourself and takes about 15 min. I didnt measure but ours fit right in with no problem. i would just uninstall the old one and test fit the new one. it will take just as long to do that as trying to figure out the measurements and making the measurementa. also if u have uaed the toilet already be careful and dont top it over till u are outside because it will leak water on u
Ok thanks, i was worried it might not fit, but, diane said my 310 would be shipping from orlando , might get it tomorrow, as I am in Homosassa, close to orlando !........i will do as u suggested and just take the 300 out, carefully, then see how the 310 fits........seems from the docs that the 310 is an inch or two longer, but, there is a bit of extra space, so, hopefully will fit ! will keep u posted
Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #118

Dometic model 300 odor problem and replacement

Just bought a new 2014 Flaggstaff 27RLWS manufactured late July 2013. Not sure of the serial number but for sure it's a 300. Haven't seen anyone reply as to whether or not the new upgraded 300 has the same issues. Can anyone advise as to how that one works?
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #119

I sent an email to Diane over at Dometic and inquired about the recent modification on the 300 model. I sent a picture of the serial number which turned out was made prior to the modification on that model. Dometic is sending me the new 300 with the modification today. I can not say enough about their customer service and Diane. I did check with the dealer and they have heard of the issues surrounding the older 300 model but nothing has been said or complained about with the modifications. The dealer did say if there was any problem for which they needed to be involved, to let them do so with no problems. Northgate RV here in Knoxville and Ringgold Ga. are the best dealers in Eastern Tennessee hands down.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #120

Got my 310 today, pulled out my 300 lickety split and popped in the 310, piece of cake!