Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #1

Draining Fresh Water Tank

I cannot find a drain for the fresh water tank in my 2012Sunseeker 2250S. The only drain hoses I see are under the kitchen sink which would drain the lines but not necessarily the tanks (unless I suppose the pump is turned on). Is there a hidden drain behind one of the panels?
Bob Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

should be under the camper with a 90 degree on /off valve near the water fill .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #3

Turbo, That's where I thought it would be but my diligent searching found nothing coming out underneath the tank.???
Old 08-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

hmmmmmmm .
I'm sure someone with a sunseeker will chime in soon !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #5

My drain is almost directly under the tank. It exits just above the right side rear axle. Shut off is located in line next to the water filter. Have to remove water filter access panel to get to the filter and shut off. Good luck.
parker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #6

My valve is inside our Sunseeker about a foot away from the tank. It's buried under a bunch of wires and other hoses, I need to take the time to relocate it! Not sure where your tank is located on your unit, mine is under the bed.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #7

On my 2011 Sunseeker 2300, the water drained from the fresh water tank exits through a short blue plastic pipe that extends from the bottom of the motor home and is located under the water pump compartment. The pipe is fitted with a screw on cap that must be removed when draining the tank. The valve that controls the drain is located in the pump compartment. As already noted, the door to the pump compartment must be removed to access the valve. On my unit, the pump compartment is located on the back wall of the outside storage compartment nearest the rear axle on the passenger side.
Al Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #8

Thanks to all who replied. You gave me enough clues to navigate around the 2250S. 2012 is the first year for this model, so FR did a lot of engineering/re-engineering on the fly. Removing all panels did not show me anything but the tank, pump, and Hotwater heater. HOWEVER, for other 2250 owners, removing the drawer above the heater vent next to the bed allows you to snake a hand behind the H2O tank and feel the valve. Blindly opening/closing it does the trick!