Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #41

If its a sewer cleanout there's not reason why you can't dump into it.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #42

This question has come up before - for septic systems. One of the concerns is the chemicals that you put into your black tank could be harmful to the system.
leblancdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:23 AM   #43

1. If you use Odorlos (as suggested previously) there is no need to excessively rinse your trailer waste tanks as it keeps working even when you think the tank is empty. In fact back-flushing the tank destroys Odorlos' effectiveness.

2. We have a bathroom very near the door from our garage. In the past two houses I've simply pumped my tanks into that toilet securing the hose securely to the toilet first. (Visualize a loose hose in your bathroom -- on second thought don't!) Not even the city could find the sanitary cleanout in the front lawn of our former house and the procedure works so well I didn't bother with the current house.

-- Chuck
Old 08-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose View Post
Hi! I'm trying to find out if I can dump my tanks at home, not using the main sewer clean out, which is on the other side of my house.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that the access point on the outside of the house could be used with a mascerator pump. I've attached 2 pics of what I'm talking about. It would be great if this is an option since we'll be doing a lot of boondocking. Thanks in advance for an wisdom you can provide.
That line can barely keep clear with a garbage disposal. You think it stinks from regular waste. PULL THE CAP aND SMELL😣😣.And some poop, water etc. You are not a sanitary person. Just go to Pilot ,flying J pay $10.00 and be safe. Germs kill nowdays.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #45

Is the county sewer cleanout the 4-6 inch metal cap in my front lawn by the street??
The fresh water cut offs are located about 15ft away to the right. There is a man hole cover about 5 ft away from cap, inline w/ the cap toward the street. This would be a "sweet" place to dump, it is with 20FT of my driveway as I back in. We lived here 25yrs. The cap has never been off in all these years. They have put in new wtr lines at the street and cleaned storm water drains both manhole lid and cap untouched. Is there a correct way to get cap/plug off???
strgrazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose View Post
I opened the black cap and it says it's 1.5 inch UPC. This is between the sinks in my master bath (opposite side of the house from all the other plumbing). So I need an adapter from this fitting down to a 3/4 inch garden hose hooked to the mascerator, correct? I'm assuming it should be brass since PVC will break down too easily.

So dumb question. How do you prevent any spatter on the side of the house?
Don’t dump your black tank at that point then. If it’s a 1-1/2” drain that’s between the 2 sinks they should never be introduced with black water. 1st the 1-1/2” line isn’t big enough to carry the solids with out having stoppages, 2ndly only grey water is seen in these lines and black water could potentially cause a very bad smell through the trap and drain. 3rdly it’s an entire different bacteria your introducing at that location and not good if it were to flood the sink traps. Black water should only be seen into the 4” line inside the house. The 4” line is the only acceptable spot to dump your black water. Sorry to give the bad news.
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #47

Pumps

I've seen people use an emancipator? pump.
Le Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Whaley View Post
If you want to set your solids free, yes, an emancipator pump should do the trick.

😂. Sorry. I couldn’t resist.
cdixon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #49
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
The black one is exactly like mine located in the garage floor. I ran a water hose in mine full blast to make sure it didn't back up. You can take the cap off and run water in your house and listen at hole also. Works perfectly with my Sewer Saver and I always dump at home. Have never used the stinky slinky but carry it with me, never know.
Warning to those with a drain in their garage floor. Many times those drains are simply connected to a perforated pipe buried in your property, though some may have a small tank, they are only for water removal. So, before dumping in that drain make sure it has a proper connection to a sewer system.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Whaley View Post
Maybe to free slaves. You mean macerator pump
Old 08-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #51
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
One neighbor gets mad at another and snitches, or coincidence.

If not at a legitimate clean-out location, might just charge for a sewer tap?

That is exactly what happened here. Neighbor called the city, police were here very shortly I understand, along with the Utilities Department. Also, this place is so strict that only a licensed plumber can lift, set or change a toilet. Found that out when having new floors installed and and was told they would have to coordinate with a licensed plumber. Now, if a homeowner does who is the wiser? Worked around that silly rule.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #52
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
If its a sewer cleanout there's not reason why you can't dump into it.

There is a reason if the city ordinances prohibit it!!

Old 08-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #53
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Intersting. My city does not meter the sewage and if they did I suppose you paid for it. They predict it using your average winter water useage...my poo does not come from my water usage so they are making some assumptions about volume. I see no difference on if I shower and poo in the trailer and take it home or if I shower and poo at home and flush it. Either way the volume is the same....maybe less in the trailer because I take shorter showers.

I get charged sewer for when I water my lawn early and late in the season (they think winter is longer than I do) and filling my trailer with water. To me thats a trade in their favor as I put more water on the lawn than I can fit in my tanks.

How did they detect it and then determine a fine when it happened in your community?

Sewage is estimated based on water usage then charged accordingly as they process the water. If you dump free fall, so to speak, the city processes your sewage free of charge, in theory. And, neighbors being who/how they are, a quick call goes to police or sanitation department. Determining fine was easy, flat rate for one gallon or 100 gallons. I saw all this happen but was not involved directly other than seeing the police and sanitation department show up in quick order.

Tags
tank