Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2021, 09:19 PM   #1

e-pro 15TB water filter location

Hello,
After a week on the Washington coast with low water pressure and lots of sputtering, I would like to remove the water filter on my 2019 15TB and replace it with a coupler. I'll continue to use just an external filter. I have not located the water filter or pump yet. It sounds like the pump may be behind the panel in the "closet" area, just under the refrigerator. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction for the water pump please? I will cross my fingers that the filter is near the pump.
Thanks.
2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4 x 4
2018 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4 x 4
LizzyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #2

found it.

My DH found it. I should explain. I usually camp alone so am trying to learn all I can myself. He has a terminal illness and is always working to make me self sufficient with my e-pro so when he's gone, I am all set. After I searched and searched and made my guess (behind the panel under the fridge), he came outside and suggested I check under the bed. BINGO!
Old 06-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #3

So very sorry about your life situation. I used to live in Stanwood. Was stationed at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island before I retired. Now I am in Lebanon, OR. Great bunch of people on this forum that will help in any way we can.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:14 PM   #4

So sorry about your husband, he sounds like a good man.

You may hear this a lot, or perhaps not at all. I took the water filter out of our 19 QB. A number of owners have. It's a great idea but it was in a place that was extremely hard to get at. Now we just use an in-line water filter. They are inexpensive and very easy to deal with.
edukehtoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

I leave the filter canister empty, and remove it to dump when winterizing or draining water between trips. But I still keep the assembly in place, and have the filter element in the trailer in case water is not getting filtered enough with the blue torpedo inline filter. Hats off to you for wanting to learn about your RV. My wife assured me the camper would be the first thing she sells when I go.

Hoping your E-pro is bringing you some stress-relief, and not adding to it during this difficult time for you.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
So very sorry about your life situation. I used to live in Stanwood. Was stationed at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island before I retired. Now I am in Lebanon, OR. Great bunch of people on this forum that will help in any way we can.
NavyLCDR, thank you. It will all be okay. He has a strong faith and has no regrets. I know its not easy for him to watch me struggle to figure these things out, but he knows exactly when to step in!

We are in Mount Vernon. They are certainly worse places to be stationed than NAS Whidbey Island!
Old 06-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edukehtoer View Post
So sorry about your husband, he sounds like a good man.

You may hear this a lot, or perhaps not at all. I took the water filter out of our 19 QB. A number of owners have. It's a great idea but it was in a place that was extremely hard to get at. Now we just use an in-line water filter. They are inexpensive and very easy to deal with.
Thank you.

Ours was easy to get to. It also led me to a spot where i discovered a lot of the systems I didn't know the location of! I can clean up some manufacturing debris on the floo, toor. I haven't figured out if I'll leave it or remove it.

I still don't know why things were sputtering. I'll remove the aerator and see if that helps.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #8

Low water pressure and sputtering are indications of a problem with the suction side of the water pump assuming you are using your freshwater tank and pump. The water filter will be on the outlet side of the water pump and is not likely to be the cause.

On the suction side of the water pump will be a little bowl type strainer. Make sure that strainer bowl is screwed tightly into the cap, but also be careful, it is easy to crack it. Check it for cracks too. There may be a valve or two on the inlet side of the water pump. That will be for selecting between the fresh water tank, and a hose for adding antifreeze. Make sure that valve or valves are all the way in the correct position to draw water from the fresh water tank. Finally, a leak on the inlet side of the water pump from a loose connection will suck air in and cause low pressure and sputtering.

None of the above applies if you are connected to city water, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	256073
Old 06-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #9

I just looked at the tour for the 15TB. That looks like a fun little trailer!
Old 06-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I leave the filter canister empty, and remove it to dump when winterizing or draining water between trips. But I still keep the assembly in place, and have the filter element in the trailer in case water is not getting filtered enough with the blue torpedo inline filter. Hats off to you for wanting to learn about your RV. My wife assured me the camper would be the first thing she sells when I go.

Hoping your E-pro is bringing you some stress-relief, and not adding to it during this difficult time for you.
X-2. Just remove the filter cartridge, and the canister is the "coupler" you need.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post
X-2. Just remove the filter cartridge, and the canister is the "coupler" you need.
Sounds like a great solution.

I've checked the strainer, it appears snug and clean.

Tags
cat, location, water, water filter