Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2024, 06:41 PM   #1

Finally got my black/grey tank sensors clean

Like most everyone here I've always has a problem with the black and grey tank sensors showing at least 1/3 full even after dumping the tanks. Before driving to Florida last fall I tried the Bio-Geo method for drive-cleaning the tanks hoping the moving motion would clean the sensors. Upon arriving in Florida and dumping both tanks I found them both still reading 1/3 full.

Most of the recommendations I've read all say to use Dawn dish-washing liquid. It is a very good cleaner, but does create a LOT of soap suds. Unless you use a lot of water to flush the soap suds away it has the potential of sticking to the sensors and continuing the false readings.

Another post I read said to use dish-washer liquid instead of Dawn. It also has great cleaning ability but doesn't create all the suds. So, before driving back to NY last month I dumped both tanks and added this:

Black tank:
4-5 gallons of water
1/2 cup Borax
1 cup dishwasher liquid

Grey tank:
4-5 gallons of water
1/2 cup Borax
1 cup Zep concentrated citrus cleaner
1 cup dishwasher liquid

We went camping last weekend which was the first time I had the chance to dump both tanks. For the first time since I've owned my RV the grey and black tank sensors are both reading EMPTY!

Hope this helps someone else.

2017 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS
jre1950 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, tank