Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #1

Flagstaff 832Ikbs gray & black tanks 1 &2 sensors

First trip out in new trailer, new electronic monitor panel shows 2 sensors for each the gray tank & black tank. As far as I know we only have 1 tank for each. We have only been staying here in the evenings for the last 5 nights and lots of the time using campground facilities. The black tank sensor is showing 3/4 full already, what's up? Does it switch over to sensor 2? I just can't believe we are that full in the black tank!! Thanks in advance!
festiveford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #2

It would be nice if you could post a pic of your panel. One way to check the number of tanks you have is check the number of dump valves you have. my rig has gray and black behind the axle and a gray forward (3). The black can read high if paper or something is clinging to the sides of the tank. If you are at a campground and hooked up you should have the black closed, try filling it and dumping and see if that doesn't bring the system back to normal.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	143365 Here is a photo of the panel that was saved to my phone. Notice the tank lights are not lit up. We are at a campground but no full hookups, so all tanks are closed. We only have 1 set of valves. 1 gray & 1 black. We don't put paper in the toilet so can't be that[emoji12]. We aren't to far from home, so going to pickup portable blue tank and bring it back. Just hard to believe it's full. We camped in our old TT with only a 40gal black tank and never filled it. This one is 45gal.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
WFD

Seeing as you aren't new to this and know your previous track record for using black tank without hookups, I am willing to bet it is debris on your sensors. Give it a good flush when you can, hook up your black tank flush if you have one and try again. Our trailer showed 1/3 full when it was brand new and hadn't yet been used, and after a few uses and rinses it seems to be operating fine now.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Seeing as you aren't new to this and know your previous track record for using black tank without hookups, I am willing to bet it is debris on your sensors. Give it a good flush when you can, hook up your black tank flush if you have one and try again. Our trailer showed 1/3 full when it was brand new and hadn't yet been used, and after a few uses and rinses it seems to be operating fine now.

Thanks! We do have a black tank flush on this trailer (so new users) !! And plan on using it when we dump.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #6

You problem isn't uncommon. I have experienced this with every RV I have owned. Have a look at this youtube video https://youtu.be/DXdZgFLO4hY
They are selling a "better mouse trap" (probes) but the video demonstrates how the high tech panel relies on low tech sensors to provide a readout.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 AM   #7

We have a 2017 model and received a notice of recall from the factory for that same issue. One of the problems is the electronics itself (hence the recall); the other is the toilet in that model uses very little water to flush. We only use the paper that is sold in the camping store.
wquarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:58 AM   #8

Mine came and still is wired up wrong or labeled wrong either way you want to look at it. The grey tank indicator is actually the black tank and the black tank indicator which is actually the grey tank doesnt work or indicate any level when the tank is full it shows empty. I still havent fixed it.
ronj82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wquarrier View Post
We have a 2017 model and received a notice of recall from the factory for that same issue. One of the problems is the electronics itself (hence the recall); the other is the toilet in that model uses very little water to flush. We only use the paper that is sold in the camping store.

Thanks for your reply! We have already had a brand new monitor panel and brain installed because of the recall and problems. Our monitor just flat died with the slides in the out position!!! The new monitor had all the software updates as well!

Tags
black, black tank, flagstaff, tank