Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #1

FR Hiring Gnomes?

Finally got around to buying and installing some home quality faucets in the bathroom and kitchen. Found them on Amazon, good quality, price and reviews.
While installing them, I have come to the conclusion that FR, and probably other manufacturers, have a secret group of gnomes, very small gnomes, who install the water lines and faucets. Almost impossible to replace some of this stuff if your an average size person. Also, it almost requires that you be double or triple jointed to access some of the fittings, just to touch them.
Found it easier to just remove the sinks and hook this stuff up.
So, FR, I applaude your hiring and using very small gnomes and adding them to your workforce.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

If you watch them build RVs you will find they build most of the RV in sections. Most of the cabinets are fitted out e.g. Sinks, fixtures, etc before they hoist them into the RV.

When I install new cabinets with sinks I install the sink, fixture, and water lines before placing them on the cabinet. If the cabinet is small I will install the top before I screw it to the wall.

Even if I replace the fixture I typically remove the sink/ top to replace the fixture. I don't enjoy crawling into the cabinet to get at the connections. Plus it just takes longer than removing the sink/ top as you did.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #3

I would bet that they install the faucets before they install the complete vanity in the RV. It is the same way they do it in the car business. That is why it can be a real pain in the butt to work on cars/trucks as well.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

No, I truly think gnomes. Their known to be tricksters and jokers. Just look at the way and location of some of the shutoff and bypass valves. Almost impossible to access, if your normal sized. Have to be gnomes as their the only ones who are small enough to get behind, through, and over, some of the panels that hoses, lines, and wires are routed.
Definately gnomes!!!
Grumpy
Old 10-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #5

Maybe minions?

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #6

Yeah, I thought about Minions, but their kind of fun loving, not sneaky and devious like gnomes. Also, Minions haven't been around that long. Also, since Minions are kinda famous, their probably expensive to hire. Gnomes on the other hand probably work on the cheap as there's not too much demand for gnomes other than lawn decoration.
Nope, I firmly believe gnomes.
Grumpy
Old 10-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #7

I agree with Grumpy, has to be gnomes.
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #8

I dont believe He is working for F/R,I think He is still retired and living in NC.around Concord! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote