Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
DJ1

Fresh water drain Tee

On my 2010 1809s, the water supply hose on the fresh water tank, is not on the bottom. It’s approximately 2 inches up the side of the tank, so when the water level gets down to below 1/3 full, it begins sucking air. One recommendation on another post was to cap off the existing supply line access point, and put a T fitting on the drain fitting, so it can be both a supply line and drain point. Has anyone successfully done this? If so, pics and explanation would be awesome! Thank you.
DJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:44 AM   #2
DJ1

I couldn’t find a T fitting that I was comfortable hanging below the tank. Instead I removed the old drain valve. I cut the water supply line so I could remove the elbow tank fitting. I removed the pex crimp fitting from the elbow. Put the elbow in the drain hole and cut the supply hose to fit the new location. I attached the hose to the elbow with a hose clamp. This will enable me to remove the hose clamp and drain the tank. I then bought a plug fitting at Lowe’s to fill the old supply line location. Works great!
DJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, water