Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2020, 10:54 PM   #1

Fresh Water Fill

Our 2008 Rockwood Signature Series 8314SS has a gravity fill fresh water port that is easy to utilize with just a water can and spout. We’ve added an Open Range Roamer (I know, not a Forest River product) to our garage and encountered what I am sure is NOT exclusive to this travel trailer. The fresh water fill port is designed like the City Water port. It has a female threaded receiver. I am unable to use a water can to re-fill the fresh water holding. I researched and discovered someone who had a similar issue-almost. This person fabricated a bilge pump, 12 volt plug, water hose and 5 gallon bucket to force water into his threaded fresh water fill. I’ve created the same pump-except, I discovered the fresh water fill has what appears to be a back flow device. The bilge pump pushes 1100 gph but isn’t enough to push the spring loaded back-flow open to allow for water to flow. Highland Ridge had no idea what I was talking about although they “thought” it was in fact a back flow check valve. Out of options, I decided to forcefully remove the internal back flow valve. 1) Has anyone else encountered this. 2) what or how did you do to defeat this 3) Any idea if that valve is in fact a back flow valve. This did resolve my issue and I am able to re-fill my fresh water holding tank. What were they thinking. ??!!!
Trombi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water