Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2022, 01:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I’d clean the mud off the gray tank valve handles 1st. Then put water in the FW tank , already enough in the black tank. Clean mud off that one too. Add water to gray tanks then pull black before both gray, 1 at a time.
My bet would be, THE TANK GAUGE SAYS THERE IS BLACK but, the tank is really empty.

Back to my suggestion. Open the valves and run water in to the black tank flush, if it does not come out, stop before it overflows on to the roof. run hose up the sewer drain until it gets to Bandini Mountain or what ever is blocking. No one has as yet suggested, "ARE YOU SURE THE BLACK HANDLE IS STILL ATTACHED TO THE GATE IN THAT 3 INCH GATE VALVE, SO IT CAN OPEN WHEN PULLED?

Oh and finally Poihths, PLEASE PLEASE come back and fill us in when you solve this mystery.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #22

Problem solved.

I started out expecting to find TWO dump valves.

When I started working on this, I found THREE dump valves.

We had it in for service on an unrelated problem and my wife asked about the water dump issue. The tech very helpfully showed her the FOURTH dump valve!

Bottom line: there are two grey water tanks, one one each side. Each of those tanks has their own dump valve, as seen in the previous photo.

The toilet is on the opposite side of the RV from the dump valves. There are two dump valves on the blackwater line, one right under the toilet, the other over on the dump valves on the other side of the RV.

The attached photo is shot from the other side of the RV relative to the previous photos. I've circled the two blackwater dump valves in red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water black dump pipe and valves PXL_20220608_165331083.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	274563  
poihths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #23

Popfla nailed it.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by poihths View Post
Problem solved.

I started out expecting to find TWO dump valves.

When I started working on this, I found THREE dump valves.

We had it in for service on an unrelated problem and my wife asked about the water dump issue. The tech very helpfully showed her the FOURTH dump valve!

Bottom line: there are two grey water tanks, one one each side. Each of those tanks has their own dump valve, as seen in the previous photo.

The toilet is on the opposite side of the RV from the dump valves. There are two dump valves on the blackwater line, one right under the toilet, the other over on the dump valves on the other side of the RV.

The attached photo is shot from the other side of the RV relative to the previous photos. I've circled the two blackwater dump valves in red.
**** First thank you for getting back with the news.

WOW is that over kill or maybe a good idea that should be more widely used and certainly shown in the documentation.

Our friends have a fairly heafty Fresh tank drain valve and in the builder trying to make it more convenient it ran across the bottom to the dump area. All well and good until the pipe got hit by some road debris and he dumped 100 gal of fresh water on the highway before he got to camp. Thank to a nearby Big Box Hardware store he repaired and added a valve up by the tank as well as the one on the dump side. It is like some of those rig bottoms should have a big off road class SKID PLATE. Your second, although hidden valve, may be a safety addition
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #25

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by poihths View Post
Problem solved.

Bingo.

There's two reasons for having that second valve.
(1) As previously mentioned, it keeps the pipe that crosses over to the drain valve on the driver's side empty, in case road debris breaks that pipe, which would result in a very stinky mess on the road.
(2) It minimizes the possibility of solids laying in that pipe and forming a horizontal version of the infamous "poop pyramid".

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopFla View Post

Bingo.

(1) As previously mentioned, it keeps the pipe that crosses over to the drain valve on the driver's side empty, in case road debris breaks that pipe, which would result in a very stinky mess on the road.
(2) It minimizes the possibility of solids laying in that pipe and forming a horizontal version of the infamous "poop pyramid".
Also keeps water from freezing in the exposed pipe when it's below freezing.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:11 AM   #27
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopFla View Post

Bingo.

Makes sense, but as evidenced by the collected road debris on the valves, it appears to be a very precariously designed system.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #28

I have the same model. There is only one grey tank but 2 grey dump valves. One dump valve goes directly to the washing machine drain. Did you know that your model has all the pluming for a washing machine?

Regarding getting the freshwater tank to fill. Underneath the bed go to the round access hole. Get a flashlight and look at the valves. There is a large one that goes to the tank. There is a small one that lets you dump the tank to a drain underneath the camper. It connects to the freshwater tank overflow.
MichaelBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Makes sense, but as evidenced by the collected road debris on the valves, it appears to be a very precariously designed system.
All that mud you see in the pictures is what happens when you drive any vehicle, not just an RV, on the dirt roads around our place when they are wet. We live several miles from the nearest paved road, so dirt on the vehicles is a constant inevitability.
poihths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:31 AM   #30

Behind the passenger rear tires there is another black tank release valve.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, fresh water, tank, water, water tank