Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2022, 06:37 PM   #1

Fresh water leaking from antifreeze inlet

I have a Flagstaff 2018 23FB microlight TT and I see fresh water dripping out from my antifreeze input valve. I use a pressure control valve to regulate my portable water from the campground hook up to my portable water input . When I incrementally increase the water pressure to 4 the fresh water drip increases from the antifreeze input. The only way I can control the drip is to lower the portable water pressure below normal. I’ve tried turn the antifreeze input ball valve to the off position and the portable water fills my fresh water tank and there is not any leaking from the antifreeze input. If any one has experienced please let me know how you fixed the dripping?
BTflagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTflagstaff View Post
I have a forest River 2018 23FB microlight TT and I see fresh water dripping out from my antifreeze input valve. I use a pressure control valve to regulate my portable water from the campground hook up to my portable water input . When I incrementally increase the water pressure to 4 the fresh water drip increases from the antifreeze input. The only way I can control the drip is to lower the portable water pressure below normal. I’ve tried turn the antifreeze input ball valve to the off position and the portable water fills my fresh water tank and there is not any leaking from the antifreeze input. If any one has experienced please let me know how you fixed the dripping?
The check valve in your fresh water pump is likely stuck open.

Disconnect the city water, put some water in the FW tank, run the pump by opening a faucet, shut the pump off and hook back up to city water.

I opted to screw this external check valve onto the pump inlet, no more issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antifreeze, fresh water, leak, water, water leak