Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Cleaning

In the 10 or so years that we have had our Wildwood Trailer, we have only had to use the fresh water tank / pump once or twice and that was when it was new.. Since then we always use City Water Connections at the RV parks we visit.. Every year or so I am able to take 10 or so gallons of fresh water to the storage area, put it in the tank, run the pump / flush toilet etc and then again drain the tank and all low point drains..I realize that this doesn't sanitize anything, but does check the pump / water fittings for leaks..NOW..we are again going to a park with city water so I will use it..BUT while city water is available and being used, is it OK to fill the 40 Gal FW tank, add bleach to sanitize it, then drain it without ever turining the pump on to push the cleaning sanitized water into the system we will be using (City Water).. Just want to clean the tank, then drain it while I have a filling supply nearby to use..
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning, fresh water, tank, water, water tank