Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Don

Fresh water tank filling when connected to city water connection at RV park

When connected to city water at RV park I discovered my fresh water tank to be full. I had put about 5 gallons in it after draining it before we left home. When I checked the lights to see how much it had in it at the park it indicated it was full. I drained it and it was in deed full. It drained for a long time. Any Ideas on what can cause this?
Sandy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #2

This particular problem has been posted on this site many times. There is a check valve within the water pump. It's purpose is to prevent water from back flowing into your fresh water tank when connected to an outside water source, such as city water. Some have stated that they run the pump for a few seconds a couple of times and this seems to seat the ball or diaphragm, depending on pump model, in the pump to stop the back flow.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city water, fresh water, tank, water, water connection, water tank