Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2021, 10:27 PM   #1

Fresh water tank Forester 3011DS

Having trouble getting water into our fresh tank…keeps shooting back out no matter how slow I run the water. Any suggestions?
RV Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #2

https://www.amazon.com/VALTERRA-LLC-...s%2C184&sr=8-1
Old 08-26-2021, 11:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post

Thank you …I have one of those ..same issue .
Old 08-27-2021, 07:08 AM   #4

I’ve heard of fill lines getting kinked. Check under the bed.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:08 AM   #5

I have a 2017 3011 and have had the same problem since new. Leaving the faucets on, leaving the water pump running, and using the Camco thingy just didn't work. The best "fix" I have found is using a small diameter washing machine hose with the threaded connector on one end cut off.

I'm able to twist, turn, go in/out for several seconds to get the hose shoved 18-24" into the inlet. I connect the source hose to the washing machine hose and start filling s l o w l y. Once the flow gets started, I turn up the pressure. I can fill the 34 gallon tank in about 10 minutes.

If you're not a hoarder like me, you can pick up a set of washing machine hoses for under $20 at Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...258/307638956?
Old 08-27-2021, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutts View Post
I have a 2017 3011 and have had the same problem since new. Leaving the faucets on, leaving the water pump running, and using the Camco thingy just didn't work. The best "fix" I have found is using a small diameter washing machine hose with the threaded connector on one end cut off.

I'm able to twist, turn, go in/out for several seconds to get the hose shoved 18-24" into the inlet. I connect the source hose to the washing machine hose and start filling s l o w l y. Once the flow gets started, I turn up the pressure. I can fill the 34 gallon tank in about 10 minutes.

If you're not a hoarder like me, you can pick up a set of washing machine hoses for under $20 at Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...258/307638956?

Awesome! Thank you
Old 08-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #7

i just cut the end of the hose off . and keep another 25 ft hose to screw on faucet. those white hoses dont last but a few years , cut off 2 ft. of faucet end before throwing away rest if hose. Pick up a D.E.F. container and remove the funnel . it collapses ,great for putting in clorox bleach in holding tank . people leave the box at the pumps at gas stations all the time .just rinse ,dry .
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #8

Adding water to the fresh water tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wife View Post
Having trouble getting water into our fresh tank…keeps shooting back out no matter how slow I run the water. Any suggestions?
Mine has a check valve so the line must have pressure to fill the tank. I use a filter container by filling it with the solation you want to add to the tank.
Ben Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #9

Drinking straw

I have a 2009 Sunseeker 2860ds
My fresh water fill started having the slow fill issue a few years ago. It would spit and puke and take water very slowly.
I now use a large plastic drinking straw and push it into the vent hole next to the water fill hole after I start the filling process, I then blow hard on the straw, and it clears a bubble or something and the water flows properly. It works every time.
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #10

Filling water tank

The main problem is usually your overflow line plugged. For years, on 3 different rigs, I have used a length of 5/8" hose connected to a ball valve, connected to a female hose coupling, connected to my hose. I have never had a problem filling any of my tanks.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #11

Slow fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wife View Post
Could be the check valve ....look inside the tank fill there should be a white button with a thin long piece of plastic, not sure if I described it correct however if this valve does not open no water will enter. Take a pencil or something and press in and see if it opens. I tried to add bleach to my water tank using a funnel ..there was not enough pressure to open it.
Ben Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
i just cut the end of the hose off . and keep another 25 ft hose to screw on faucet. those white hoses dont last but a few years , cut off 2 ft. of faucet end before throwing away rest if hose. Pick up a D.E.F. container and remove the funnel . it collapses ,great for putting in clorox bleach in holding tank . people leave the box at the pumps at gas stations all the time .just rinse ,dry .

Excellent ..thank you
Old 08-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
The main problem is usually your overflow line plugged. For years, on 3 different rigs, I have used a length of 5/8" hose connected to a ball valve, connected to a female hose coupling, connected to my hose. I have never had a problem filling any of my tanks.

Thank you!
Old 08-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Newby View Post
Could be the check valve ....look inside the tank fill there should be a white button with a thin long piece of plastic, not sure if I described it correct however if this valve does not open no water will enter. Take a pencil or something and press in and see if it opens. I tried to add bleach to my water tank using a funnel ..there was not enough pressure to open it.

I will check that..thank you

Tags
forester, fresh water, tank, water, water tank