Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #41

Mr Havercamp X10!!!! If the product cannot go over the road with a full water tank then there should be numerous warnings to that effect.

Never seen one myself.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Which is a load of BS on FR's part.

Show me one piece of documentation, either in a manual, a sticker, or anywhere else that tells you not to tow with a full water tank. Even the yellow sticker they put on that tells you the weight of a full tank of water, says nothing about not towing with a full tank. Are these travel trailers or dry travel trailers? The purpose of the water tank is so your self contained.

Keystone and Aerolite do not use the Lippert tank support assemblies, which is why their water tanks do not fall out or sag. My Aerolite hybrid had a 52 gallon fresh tank and it stayed in place being full every time the trailer was used. Forest River and Lippert evidently want to refuse to acknowlege the problem to save the $4 more it would cost for a couple pounds of extra steel needed to increase the spreader size.
Yes, we beat this one to death on another thread, complete with FR emails.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #43

Here's what I did on mine. Bear of a job, but with some minor restructuring and effort is successful.
Sorry not FR product but had the same issue with FWT. Out of warranty 2012 and being second owner.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1491489604.838069.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	133978Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1491489690.908752.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	133979
I fill 53 gallons as we should and travel without issue.
Good luck
Poper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:12 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdomokos View Post
Yes, we beat this one to death on another thread, complete with FR emails.
Maybe it needs beat to death even more. It's pretty clear that at least Rockwood does not get it, as to this day they are installing tanks the same way. You can not tell me they are not aware of the issue.

I am willing to bet at some point the brochure and manual will be revised telling you not to tow with water in the tank. That's much cheaper and easier than correcting the problem.

Interestingly you could go on the Lippert website and see the support trays that fail, that info has been taking down. That's Lipperts way of dealing with it.......hide as much info as possible. When they were having issues with their securelock bunk doors a few years ago, which are used on a lot of hybrids, they took all info about those down from the website also.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:20 AM   #45

You are correct, FR knows about it, and hasn't decided to improve their product in this area. It might have something to do with the fact it's a Lippert part that's part of their Lippert package for the trailer. That means Lippert needs to change the design.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank