Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #1

Exclamation Fresh Water Tank Supports

See the photos of the bottom of my Fresh water tank, heat pad and 3 supports. The supports are 2" X 2" thin angle iron attached to a subframe crossmember only at the aft end and are about a foot short of the forward subframe cross member! One of the supports is installed directly under the electric heating pad (this can't be a good thing!). The sharp corners of the steel angles have nearly cut thru the belly covering when the covering is fully attached. With the tank 1/3 full, it seems too be bulging down due to the lack of support. The reason I lowered the belly covering was to look for the pressure fill vent/vent line. I have yet to locate it. See my post under Cardinal. I have contacted the selling dealer service manager, facility manager and a FR Cardinal Division rep and I'm now awaiting the dealer service manager to come and inspect what I have found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5369.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	243433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5383.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	243434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5384.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	243435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5375.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	243436  
Curt Q24 Hitch

JoeDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #2

Lightbulb

Definitely something missed during assembly. Almost looks like someone put the bottom cover up before the person installing the tank got back from their break.

As for the support under the heat pad, mine has been like that since the trailer was built in early 2018. Still works fine and the water tank is always full when I leave home or a Full Hookup campground.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. At the factory I believe the belly panel is installed, then they drop the tank in, build the trailer and all the trash settle in the belly cover. I would think that LCI the frame builders would have been responsible for installing the water tank supports, and perhaps FR Cardinal division just did not catch the fact that the supports installed were too short and just installed the tank without looking.
Curt Q24 Hitch

Old 12-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #4

Update, I’ve been communicating with FR Customer Service/ Warranty rep and provided them additional photos and he states my messages & photos were forwarded to a “Plant Manager” for further action which I hope will result in a permanent improvement to this fresh water tank support issue.
Curt Q24 Hitch

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank