Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2022, 07:28 AM   #1

GeoPro water leaks

We love our 20BHS and just passed our 1 year anniversary.

But, we had two water leaks this trip.

The first was as we were getting ready to leave. I tapped into the low point drains to add connections for an outside sink. As part of my work, I removed the original foam around the PEX drains. After 3 days of having city water connected, there were still no leaks from my additions. Then, as we were getting ready to pull out, there was water dripping from the under belly fabric near the low point drain where the foam was removed. I traced the leak to the cold kitchen sink hose connection where it connects to the PEX. The fitting was loose and I could tighten it with my hand.

The second leak was from the cold connection to the outside shower. After a week of camping, the bottom of our mattress was wet. I removed the shower cover and found a similar loose connection where the flexible hose connects to the rear of the faucet threads behind the headboard. The drip soaked behind the headboard box and wicked through the carpet to the mattress.

I'm not sure if vibration caused the threaded fittings to loosen but maybe using only crimp connectors would have prevented these leaks.

Now that the leaks have stopped, it's time to dry the under belly insulation and headboard. Hopefully there is not much mold yet.

The factory did a good job of making things look clean on the underside. I'm not sure how to tuck things back up after I remediate the wet insulation.

Does anyone have tips on buttoning up the under belly? Fabric patch and adhesive?
larrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #2

When my trailer was new, nearly every single one of the twist-on plumbing fittings was loose. It started by noticing dripping from under the bathroom sink. Then dripping from the toilet connection. Then dripping from behind the inside shower faucet. I went through and tightened every fitting I could get to by hand, and then 1/4 turn more with pliers. Come to think of it, I did not check behind the outside shower faucet, I need to do that.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:21 PM   #3

The shower is the one I'm waiting for next.

--------------------------
2021 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
2018 F-150 2.7L Eco
--------------------------
larrold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak