Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #1

Grey Tank 1 not draining on 2020 HG Elite 36FL

I have a 2020 Heritage Glen Elite 36FL. My Grey 1 tank is not draining and backing up into the bathroom sink when running the shower - sensor shows 2/3 full. Black 1 tank drains fine, as do the forward grey and black tanks - no issues. There is more resistance on the grey lever than the black lever at the access panel. Don't want to tear into the underbelly or the access panel unnecessarily. Thanks for any assistance
JDekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #2

sort of sounds like the valve or operation may be getting stuck. Other then pulling harder to see if it opens and drains I would recommend dropping the coroplast and investigate what is going on.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDekker View Post
I have a 2020 Heritage Glen Elite 36FL. My Grey 1 tank is not draining and backing up into the bathroom sink when running the shower - sensor shows 2/3 full. Black 1 tank drains fine, as do the forward grey and black tanks - no issues. There is more resistance on the grey lever than the black lever at the access panel. Don't want to tear into the underbelly or the access panel unnecessarily. Thanks for any assistance
I find the gray tank valve in the back very difficult to move (open or close). I lubricated the shaft once I finally got it pulled out (seriously, hard enough I was concerned I might break the handle!). That helped some.
When you do get the valve open you are saying it doesn’t drain then? If so, there is something blocking the pipes or the pull has come loose from the valve and it is indeed not draining.
That is a different beast - you would need to open the convenience center and track the cable to the valve.
Mikeytheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #4

It looks as if you are saying that your unit has four tanks, two black and two gray. Have you found four handles to pull?

Brother-in-law had a unit for two years.... tub backing up... . He 'thought', one gray, one black... he had two grays. After a couple of hours on working on a 'clog'.... he found another handle tucked up behind the skirt... pulled it and made one heck of a mess really fast.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, lite, tank