Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Grey tank valve will not close

Hello all.

The wife and I just got back from a local camping weekend with our newer 23LB. Before we left for the trip home I drained and flushed the tanks but found the grey tank valve would only close about halfway.

Anyone run across this one?

I am guessing that there is something caught in the valve and not allowing it to close fully. After we got back home I recalled that someone broke the tub drain cover plug. The plug and tip were removed from the tub but I am guessing that part of it is causing my problem.

Is there an easy way to disassemble the valve and check/remove the problem?
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipakajohn View Post
Hello all.

The wife and I just got back from a local camping weekend with our newer 23LB. Before we left for the trip home I drained and flushed the tanks but found the grey tank valve would only close about halfway.

Anyone run across this one?

I am guessing that there is something caught in the valve and not allowing it to close fully. After we got back home I recalled that someone broke the tub drain cover plug. The plug and tip were removed from the tub but I am guessing that part of it is causing my problem.

Is there an easy way to disassemble the valve and check/remove the problem?
Yes remove the four bolts (one on each corner) then if there is enough play push/pull the pipe away from the valve and slide it out. I expect you will have to loosen the bolts on the black valve tank assembly also to get enough movement, maybe even remove them and pull the entire 'Y' assembly. Watch your seals closely they only go on one way when reassembling.

Good luck.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #3

Dale,

Thanks!

It sounds rather easy. I did not crawl under the trailer when I got home but thought everything was glued together.
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipakajohn View Post
Dale,

Thanks!

It sounds rather easy. I did not crawl under the trailer when I got home but thought everything was glued together.
Your welcome I had mine apart a week ago, removed the entire assembly to get it out of the way to install a sprayer in the black tank.

The outer flanges are glued but the knife assembly is bolted in.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Carknocker Family

I had mine apart too removing a shaving that fell in when the holes were drilled into it a the factory. Not to bad of a job. Did it in the campground. About 30 mins. Worst part was removing the cap knowing that the valve was open and you were going to get a little bit of liquid out.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank