Old 07-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #1

Grey tanks

I have a older unit. It's a 2004 Flagstaff 831BHSS. It seems I have 2 grey tanks. On the monitor one is called grey and the other is called galley. Are these tanks suppose to be seperate or connected together? I bought it used and there is 2 spots to drain from. The grey water only seems to come out the front hook up. Not the back one.
cbrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #2

They are separate tanks with separate dump valves.

Bruce
Old 07-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #3

Thanks. Obviously the other owner must of connected them and made it all go out the front. Everytime I open the back valve nothing comes out. I always get stuff from the front one.
The galley tank is for the kitchen sink. The grey tank is for the bathroom sink and shower I presume?
Old 07-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #4

check to see if they are tied together. I have read threads about rear bath or rear kitchen models having two dumps because there is not clearance for one long drain pipe with the axel
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #5

I know there are 3 tanks all together. Grey tank in the back as well as black tank. Those 2 have drains that connect together and come out behind the wheels. 2 handles to open the valves. The galley tank is about half way point of the trailer with another drain in front of the wheels. Had no valve so I installed one. I'd have to rip the cover off to check it all out.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #6

Our 2019 Sabre 31BHT has 2 full baths and an exterior kitchen. There are a total of 5 tanks: 2 blacks, 2 grays and 1 galley. The front black and gray tank drain valves are in the front and the other 3 tank drain valves are in the rear. It appears that the sink and shower in the rear bathroom are plumbed to the galley tank and the exterior kitchen is plumbed to the rear gray tank. This doesn't seem correct to me. Is this something that would be covered by the warranty? Also the rear bath sinks hot and cold lines were plumbed to the wrong faucet valves but the dealership corrected this shortly after we took delivery.
jecopeland1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank