Grey water drain vent problem?
Something strange is going on with my gray water drains. Details are below.
FYI, kitchen sink is farthest from gray tank. It's diagonal drain pipe (see photo) is visible under the bathroom sink cupboard, but is separate from the bathroom sink drain (at least before they both separately disappear beneath the floor).
Also, as described below, during troubleshooting I removed the grey water vent device (vacuum break?) from the vertical pipe under the kitchen sink (see other photo).
2015 Forester MBS 2401WS motorhome
1. Added a bit of bleach down bathroom sink and tried to fill gray water tank via the bathroom sink water faucet. After a few minutes of continuous water into bathroom sink, it started to not drain. Checked kitchen sink and shower and they all drained slowly if at all. Eventually heard lots of bubbling from gray tank.
Pumped water from gray tank into 6 gallons jugs. Only got about 12 gallons from the 32 gallon gray tank so it was less than half full.
2. Gray tank now empty. To speed things up for bleach soak, used garden hose to fill kitchen sink (to the top!). When I removed the sinkís drain plug, it quickly drained a lot but then water started backing up out of the bathroom sink. (Shower drain stayed dry). Took a while to drain kitchen sink as water kept pushing out of bathroom sink drain. Bubbling sounds periodically from gray water drain pipes or tank.
3. Removed drain vent device (vacuum break?) from top of vertical vent pipe under kitchen sink.
4. Ran test again with same results. Filled kitchen sink to the top then pulled the plug. Sink drains 80-90%, then stops draining and water surges up from bathroom sink drain. This goes on for a minute or two to get that last 10% to drain from the kitchen sink. THIS IS WITH THE VENT DEVICE REMOVED FROM UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK COUNTER. CURRENTLY JUST AN OPEN VENT PIPE FOR TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES.
5. RV was slightly nose down for this test so I turned it around and placed it back in the same spot but facing the other way, so slightly nose up. Got the same exact results from test.
6. Doesnít make sense to me. Why would the full kitchen sink drain 90% then suddenly begin to choke and spit water out the bathroom sink drain, especially since they appear to be separate drain pipes?
2015 Forester MBS 2401 WS