Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

Heater Switch illuminated

Good Morning Everyone....
Here's my dilemma, as you see in the picture we have a KIB monitor panel.... when we turn on the switch for heater it illuminates and stays illuminated which, from what I'm reading on every thread I've find means that the water heater is having an ignition problem. However we are getting hot water out of our faucets with the electric off on our system. So I have to believe either the light is supposed to be on when we want to use the propane gas for heat or it's defective because with the light on I'm still getting hot water when the switch for the electric is off....I hope I'm making sense. Just trying to make sense of this light... It's a 2018 26RR toy Hauler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170430_105856.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	479.8 KB
ID:	136343  
LNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNad View Post
Good Morning Everyone....
Here's my dilemma, as you see in the picture we have a KIB monitor panel.... when we turn on the switch for heater it illuminates and stays illuminated which, from what I'm reading on every thread I've find means that the water heater is having an ignition problem. However we are getting hot water out of our faucets with the electric off on our system. So I have to believe either the light is supposed to be on when we want to use the propane gas for heat or it's defective because with the light on I'm still getting hot water when the switch for the electric is off....I hope I'm making sense. Just trying to make sense of this light... It's a 2018 26RR toy Hauler
Actually, your DSI fault light is small. Looking at the pic you posted, I think I see this small fault light between the switches.

You have illuminated rocker panel switches, like I do in my RV...but the fault light is to the right of the water heater DSI switch, If I am seeing correct. Here is a pic of a bigger panel that also has illuminated rocker panel switches with the DSI fault light labeled to the right of the DSI gas heater switch.

Note the transluscent blue switches on the top row are the type that are illuminated, while the black rocker panel switches on the bottom are not the illuminated type.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #3

Thank you, I have since turned the electric on and the propane heater switch off...then switched the propane switch back on and now see the DSI light in fact did illuminate for about 4 seconds then shut off and we heard heater kick on.... Appreciate your quick response!!!! Issue resolved!!!��
LNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #4

Yes, your KIB "HTR" switch is for the electric heating side of the water heater only. Make sure there's water in the heater before setting that switch to ON. You probably know that. Wish I had a remote switch.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Yes, your KIB "HTR" switch is for the electric heating side of the water heater only. Make sure there's water in the heater before setting that switch to ON. You probably know that. Wish I had a remote switch.
Uhhh bubbles, the inside switch along with it's DSI fault lamp that the OP showed a pic of in the first post goes to the propane side of the water heater.

His electric heating element switch is on the face of the water heater, like in this pic:

This FAQ thread explains it in more detail:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post327988

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #6

Sorry, my bad. KIB makes an identical panel (minus the led) for the remote water heater electric side of heating.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Site Team

Just to add a scrap of information here: the switch for the propane side of my water heater had a bulb in it but it never illuminated for any reason. I emailed my dealership and asked about that "lighted?" switch. His answer was " Hello Dan, the water heater switch for LP is designed to light up if the flame goes out, it does not illuminate when the flame is lit. The water pump switch lights up when it is on". Er, uh......... well, not exactly. Goshenite techs replaced the switch (hooked it up backwards!) but that didn't help. I determined there was a positive/power in and a single out to the water heater but an UNUSED out for the lighted switch. I added a spade clip and a wire to ground and now when I turn on the propane side switch, its light bulb turns on just like the OP's... just like it should.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #8

Kib monitor

I have this same monitor but the problem I have is the water is full but the monitor is saying it's empty and the black gage is saying it's full which it is not all other monitors are correct is there a way the board has crack in it I say that because the two monitors are next to each other is there way there could be a short between the two anything else I could try thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0584.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	148204  
Switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #9

I have a 2014 Georgetown and a switch on the panel that says water heater. When I press it, it lights up. I am assuming, I know I know, it lights up and when I press it again it goes off. Is the water heater on when the light is on? I have hot water all of the time, even when the switch light is off. Is there another switch for the water heater?
retired Army combat vet
Greydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greydragon View Post
I have a 2014 Georgetown and a switch on the panel that says water heater. When I press it, it lights up. I am assuming, I know I know, it lights up and when I press it again it goes off. Is the water heater on when the light is on? I have hot water all of the time, even when the switch light is off. Is there another switch for the water heater?
I think what you are talking about is that it is showing your dsi. Is lighting, after it lights it go out, it will then cycle with propane until your switch is turned off, maybe I'm wrong but that's how mine works, but I also don't own a Georgetown

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, switch