Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #1

Help: Need toilet supply fitting

I have a Microlite 2509S that developed a water leak near the toilet this past trip. Sometimes it is a few drops or a larger stream overnight. I found the supply line cross threaded from the factory so I corrected that. I also replaced the flush valve on the Dometic 300 toilet and replaced a semi-loose hose clamp on the hose that connects to the toilet.

I can't test it now as it is winterized but I would like to get the connector that hooks to the toilet valve in case it leaks next Spring. What they use is a right angle 3/8" barbed fitting to a toilet valve fitting. This fitting has a flat washer in it, not a beveled connection like most of the other water connections in the RV.

So where can I find a connector with a flat washer for the toilet end and a 3/8" barb fitting to connect the plastic water supply to the toilet. I can find right angle barbed connectors but nothing with a flat washer to mate to the toilet.
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Grandpa View Post
I have a Microlite 2509S that developed a water leak near the toilet this past trip. Sometimes it is a few drops or a larger stream overnight. I found the supply line cross threaded from the factory so I corrected that. I also replaced the flush valve on the Dometic 300 toilet and replaced a semi-loose hose clamp on the hose that connects to the toilet.

I can't test it now as it is winterized but I would like to get the connector that hooks to the toilet valve in case it leaks next Spring. What they use is a right angle 3/8" barbed fitting to a toilet valve fitting. This fitting has a flat washer in it, not a beveled connection like most of the other water connections in the RV.

So where can I find a connector with a flat washer for the toilet end and a 3/8" barb fitting to connect the plastic water supply to the toilet. I can find right angle barbed connectors but nothing with a flat washer to mate to the toilet.
1/2 pex by 1/2 supply any angled faucet supply with work . these are not 3/8
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #3

Not PEX feeding the toilet

I know most RVs use a PEX feed for the toilet but mine is a flexible plastic line with cross fibers in a diamond shape running through the white tubing. Kind of like a heavy duty shower hose. This is why there is a barb fitting and a hose clamp on one end and a screw on connector for the toilet end.

My trailer uses the flex line for connecting from the water tank to the pump, feeding the sinks, city water to the pump inlet, connecting the water filter, etc. PEX is used in the vicinity of the water heater where valves are involved.

I might be able to use a standard toilet supply hose but it needs to be at a right angle because the hose comes out to the right side of the toilet and then makes a right angle to connect to the toilet.

Thanks for the suggestion - just won't work in my case.
Ham Callsign KD7UM
Old 10-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #4

Quote:
I know most RVs use a PEX feed for the toilet but mine is a flexible plastic line with cross fibers in a diamond shape running through the white tubing. Kind of like a heavy duty shower hose. This is why there is a barb fitting and a hose clamp on one end and a screw on connector for the toilet end.

My trailer uses the flex line for connecting from the water tank to the pump, feeding the sinks, city water to the pump inlet, connecting the water filter, etc. PEX is used in the vicinity of the water heater where valves are involved.

I might be able to use a standard toilet supply hose but it needs to be at a right angle because the hose comes out to the right side of the toilet and then makes a right angle to connect to the toilet.

you should be able to get a plastic 1/2 pex by 1/2 faucet supply . the plastic fitting is just a tad smaller and should fit the vinyl hose with a clamp or pex clamp to secure . pictures always help .
Old 10-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #5

How about...

One of these?
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:

You can buy flexible RV hose like you described and attach PEX fittings to it including the PEX clambs. Used all the times in various places in your trailer including your water pump.
bradbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #7

Or like this https://www.amazon.com/XFITTING-PEX-.../dp/B07FX6KWPS
wvram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvram View Post

Exactly / plus you can get in plastic if needed . prefer brass
Old 10-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvram View Post
I bought these. Nice if you don't need right angle and they come 10 to a bag.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bradbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #10

Get one of these and a worm gear hose clamp;

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-244-3.../dp/B002IZJ7D6
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:41 PM   #11

Resolution with picture

Several of you put me on a track that will work. I am including the picture I should have posted in the original request. My apologies for making you guess what I have.

The fitting needs the washer in the female side to seal against the toilet fitting so the right angle connector, like one that goes on the water pump, will not work. I am going to get a right angle toilet to PEX barb connector and that should work.

I did repressurize my system with RV antifreeze and the original fitting is not leaking but it was cross threaded at the factory so I am going to change it out in the spring. Again, thanks to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	242248  
Ham Callsign KD7UM